MAILED: Sept. 22, 2000
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Counseling Services is offering the following groups for the fall semester:
All groups are open to all UW-Eau Claire students, faculty and staff. Stop by the Counseling Services office, 2122 Old Library, or call (715) 836-5521 to set up a 30-minute preregistration appointment.
- Men's Growth Group: 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 4, and throughout the academic year. This group is offered to provide a meaningful exploration of personal and interpersonal issues within an all-male group. Pete Chellman is the group facilitator.
- The Seven Habits Group: 3:30-5 p.m. Thursdays, Oct. 12-Dec. 14. These nine sessions will focus on reviewing, discussing and applying the principles of personal effectiveness in Steven Covey's text, "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People." This group is limited to eight people. Dr. P.J. Kennedy is the group facilitator.
- Weight Management Support Group: 12-1 p.m. Wednesdays, Oct. 18-Dec. 6. This group for weight management targets those interested in losing, gaining or maintaining weight. Group sessions will incorporate speakers and small group discussion. Group size is limited to nine people. Dr. P.J. Kennedy and Robin Abraham are group facilitators.
- Assertion Training: 3-4:30 p.m. Tuesdays Oct. 24-Dec. 5. This group will focus on developing assertive social skills and learning to express oneself and feel good about doing so. Dr. P.J. Kennedy is the group facilitator.
- Dissertation Support Group: Time and dates to be announced. This group is designed for graduate students who are having a difficult time finishing their dissertations. Contact Dr. Katherine Schneider, group facilitator, if interested.
- First Offenders Alcohol Education Groups: These groups are offered on an as-needed basis. Call or stop by Counseling Services for more information.
- GLBT Personal Growth Group: Time and dates to be announced. This group targets gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender students, allowing them to explore and discuss coming out, relationships with partners, friends and family and being a college student in a safe and supportive environment. Contact Todd Sigler, group facilitator, if interested.
Janice B. Wisner
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: Sept. 25, 2000