MAILED: April 27, 2000
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire music and theatre arts department will present the following musical performances the week beginning Monday, May 8. All events are free and open to the public.
MONDAY, MAY 8:
TUESDAY, MAY 9:
- Junior Tom Anderson, Aitkin, Minn., will give a composition recital at 5 p.m. in Phillips Recital Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Some of the compositions to be performed include "When Two Hearts Separate" with text by Emmanuel Geibel, "June Nights" with text by Victor Hugo and "Here, Always Here" with text by Yves Bonnefoy. Seniors Adam Breininger, Ft. Wayne, Ind., and Josh Countryman, Colfax; junior Janine Brinkman, New Hope, Minn.; and members of the Singing Statesmen will aid in singing the compositions.
- The Percussion Ensemble concert will be held at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. The concert will be performed by the UW-Eau Claire Taiko Ensemble under the direction of associate professor of music and theatre arts Ron Keezer and the West African Music Society under the direction of community member Gene Kulbeck. Four of the six pieces the Taiko Ensemble will perform were arranged by Takao Nukui. The UW-Eau Claire Concert Dance Company will provide accompaniment for two of the works to be performed by the West African Music Society.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 10:
- Danae Anderson, a senior from Hastings, Minn., will give a violin recital at 5 p.m. in Phillips Recital Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Junior Katie Lanzer, Chetek, will assist her on piano. Anderson will perform works such as "Melody" by Peter Tchaikovsky and "All or Nothing at All" by Arthur Altman.
- Jazz Ensemble IV, under the direction of Robert Baca, associate professor of music and theatre arts, will give a concert at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center.
THURSDAY, MAY 11:
- A Voice Division recital titled "Spring and Love" will be given at 5 p.m. in Phillips Recital Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Thirteen works will be performed, each by a different student. The students who will perform in the recital are seniors Jacob Schrandt, Winona, Minn., Josh Countryman, Colfax, Annemarie Travia, South Milwaukee, Karlina Mahle, Plainview, Minn., Jeffrey Madison, Woodbury, Minn., and Koral Curkeet, Eau Claire; juniors Lisa Wilhelm, Boscobel, Kait Wainscott, Madison, and Lisa Butcher, Woodbury, Minn.; sophomores Melissa Hegel, Coon Rapids, Minn., and Heather Howard, North Branch, Minn.; and freshmen Emelia Polodna, La Crosse, and Jacqueline Cobian, River Falls.
- The American Music Therapy Association for Students will give a concert at 5 p.m. in Phillips Recital Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. The recital will feature 11 pieces. Students involved in the program are seniors De Ann Moehring, Appleton, Tonya Vincent, Elk Mound, Aimee Hyland, Waukesha, Nikki Andrie, Coon Rapids, Minn., Jenni Deterville, Denmark, Monica Schley, Forest Junction, and Thea Morton, Appleton; juniors Amy Ray, Pillager, Minn., Amanda Johnson, Marinette, Becky Risberg, Bloomington, Minn.; sophomores Christina Lobe, Baraboo, and Katie Solberg, Eau Claire; and freshmen Rachel Dahl, Appleton, Julie Arnold, Moline, Ill., and Jenny Eckert, New Berlin.
Janice B. Wisner
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: today's date