||Schofield Hall 218|
||Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004|
UW-Eau Claire's Spanish Week
To be Celebrated April 3-7
MAILED: March 28, 2000|
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire's Delta Psi chapter of Sigma Delta Pi, the national Hispanic honor society, has announced its plans for Spanish Week April 3-7.
Unless otherwise noted, the following events will take place in Davies Center on the UW-Eau Claire campus:
For more information on Spanish Week, contact Dr. Paul Hoff, associate professor of foreign languages, at (715) 836-4437.
- Monday, April 3: Senior Jennifer Peters, Sheboygan, will present "Chile: Land of Extremes" at 7 p.m. in the Eagle Room.
- Tuesday, April 4: Senior Stephanie Zighelboim, Eau Claire, will present "Venezuela: Un Pais de Contrastes" (a country of contrasts) at 7 p.m. in the Alumni Room.
- Wednesday, April 5: Stacy Janisch, a 1999 UW-Eau Claire graduate from Maplewood, Minn., and members of Chicanos Latinos Unidos En Servicio will present "CLUES: Working with the Twin Cities Latino Community" at 4 p.m. in the Alumni Room.
- Thursday, April 6: A Sigma Delta Pi sale featuring Hispanic crafts and the cookbook "Recipes of the Spanish- and Portugese-Speaking World" will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the third floor of Hibbard Humanities Hall.
- Also on Thursday: UW-Eau Claire students will discuss study abroad programs in Costa Rica, Mexico and Spain at 7:30 p.m. in the Presidents Room.
- Friday, April 7: An evening of "Tapas, Música y Postre" (appetizers, music and dessert) will begin at 6 p.m. in the Dulany Inn. A wide variety of appetizers from Spain and Latin America will be featured during the social hour. Musical entertainment will follow at 7 p.m., with dessert and coffee at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, available at the University Service Center, (715) 836-3727, are $7 for the general public and $5 for students.
Janice B. Wisner
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: March 28, 2000