||Schofield Hall 218|
||Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004|
Counseling Services Offers
Spring Semester Groups
MAILED: Feb. 3, 2000 |
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Counseling Services is offering the following groups for the spring semester:
Stop by the Counseling Services office, 2122 Old Library, or call (715) 836-5521 to set up a 30-minute pre-registration appointment.
- Coping with Depression: 3 to 4:30 p.m. Thursdays from Feb. 17 to March 9. This group will focus on holistic self-help methods to cope with depression.
- Freshman Coping Group: 2 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays from Feb. 22 to March 14. This group will teach freshmen different coping skills to help survive the first year of college.
- Body Image Group: 3:30 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays from March 1 to April 12. This group will help women and men develop a healthy body image.
- The Seven Habits Group: 3:30 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays from March 7 to May 9. This group focuses on reviewing, discussing and applying the principles of personal effectiveness found in Steven R. Covey's text "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People." Group size is limited to eight people.
- Assertion Training: 3:30 to 5 p.m. Thursdays from March 30 to May 11. This group will teach assertive coping skills that will help increase interpersonal effectiveness.
- First Offenders Alcohol Education Groups: These groups are offered on an as-needed basis. Call or stop by the Counseling Services office for more information.
Janice B. Wisner
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: Feb. 3, 2000