||Schofield Hall 218|
||Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004|
For the Week of Nov. 15
MAILED: Nov. 3, 1999|
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire music and theatre arts department will present the following musical performances the week beginning Monday, Nov. 15. All events are free and open to the public.
MONDAY, NOV. 15:
- Senior Jason Melik, Racine, will perform a baritone recital at 5 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Senior Brenda Greenwald, Sheboygan, will accompany him on piano for a performance including Beethoven's "An die Ferne Geliebte" and "Votre Toast, Je Peux Vous le Render" by Georges Bizet.
TUESDAY, NOV. 16:
- Under the direction of associate professor of music Rodney Hudson, the Brass Choir will perform at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall. The concert will include Edvard Grieg's "Funeral March," "Pavane for a Dead Princess" by Maurice Ravel and Vaclav Nelhybel's "Ancient Hungarian Dances." .
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 17:
- Senior Rebecca Campbell, Elk River, Minn., will perform a clarinet recital at 5 p.m. in Phillips Recital Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Lori Cruciani, associate lecturer of music, will accompany Campbell on piano for a recital including Francis Poulenc's Sonata for Two Clarinets and Artie Shaw's Concerto for Clarinet.
THURSDAY, NOV. 18:
- Professor of music Dr. Jerry Young will conduct the tuba ensemble, BASSically BRASS, in a concert at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall. The ensemble will perform works including "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" by J.S. Bach, Mozart's Fugue and Paul Tschnesnokoff's "Salvation in Created," which will be performed in memory of Raymond G. Young.
SUNDAY, NOV. 21:
- Juniors Jason Breen, Montevideo, Minn., and Eugene Power, Apple Valley Minn., will perform a joint saxophone recital at 5 p.m. in Phillips Recital Hall. Along with two collaborative pieces, Breen will perform works by Paule Maurice and Sergei Rachmaninov, and Power will perform pieces by Maurice Ravel and Alexander Glazunov.
- Associate lecturer of music Si-Fei Cheng will perform a viola recital at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall. Susanne Son will accompany Cheng for a program including Robert Schumann's "Fantasy Pieces," Suite No. 3 for Violoncello by J.S. Bach and Paul Hindemith's Sonata for Viola and Piano.
Janice B. Wisner
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: Nov. 3, 1999