||Schofield Hall 218|
||Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004|
for the Week of Dec. 7
MAILED: Dec. 1, 1998|
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire music and theatre arts department will present the following musical performances the week beginning Monday, Dec. 7. All events are free and open to the public.
MONDAY, DEC. 7:
- Voice Ensemble will perform under the direction of Karen Brookens, assistant professor of music, at 5 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Eight students, grouped in duos, trios and quartets will perform the works of Haydn, Schumann, Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, Vaughan Williams, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Gabriel Faure and Giuseppe Verdi.
- Wisconsin Woodwind Quintet will perform at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. The Quintet consists of faculty members Tim Lane on flute, Ivar Lunde Jr. on oboe, Richard Fletcher on clarinet, Thomas Gilkey on horn and Kristine Fletcher on bassoon. The first half of the program includes works by Jurriaan Andriessen, Ivar Lunde Jr. and Scott Joplin. Wrapping up the second half after a short intermission are works by Carl Nielsen and Alexander Zemlinsky.
- TUESDAY, DEC. 8:
- University Jazz Ensemble IV will perform at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Jazz Pedagogy Ensemble will complete the first half of the program and then Jazz Ensemble IV will perform works by Dizzy Gillespie, Thelonious Monk, Jamey Simmons, Sammy Nestico, Jerry Nowak and Dean Sorenson.
- WEDNESDAY, DEC. 9:
- Amber Dahlen, Appleton, will perform her senior student recital on violin and viola at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Sophomore Monica Allen will accompany Dahlen on piano. Dahlen will perform Bach's "Sonata No. 1 in G Minor" and "Suite No. 3 in C Major." She also will play works by Saint-Saens, Schumann and Hindemith.
- Heather McCornack, Winona, Minn., will perform her senior student soprano recital at 5 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Junior Brenda Greenwald will accompany McCornack on piano. McCornack will perform works by Mozart, Faure, Bizet, Strauss, Griffes and Duparc.
- FRIDAY, DEC. 11:
- The annual Lobby Concert will be at noon in the lobby of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Music students will perform holiday music in a short, casual concert.
Janice B. Wisner
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: Dec. 3, 1998