News Bureau • Schofield Hall 201 • Eau Claire, WI 54702
phone: (715) 836-4741
fax: (715) 836-2900
UW-Eau Claire To Offer
Programs for Health Professionals
MAILED: Feb. 21, 2003
EAU CLAIRE — The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Office of Continuing Education will be offering a variety of programs for registered nurses and health care professionals from February through April.
- Healing Touch Level I and Level IIA: Registered nurses, physicians, body therapists, counselors, psychotherapists and other health professionals and individuals desiring an in-depth understanding and practice of healing work using energy-based concepts can take the three day course from 7-10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28; 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, March 1; and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, March 2, at the UW-Eau Claire School of Nursing.
- Male Health Issues and Identity: Find out about the emotional and physical changes experienced by males throughout the life span as addressed by practicing clinicians in this overview intended for nurses and other health care providers. Learn new developments for managing sexual dysfunction as well as effective treatments available for cancers specific to men. Friday, March 14, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Park Inn and Suites, 3340 Mondovi Road, Eau Claire, WI.
- Suicide 911: Identification, Intervention, and Prevention: Dr. Terence W. Barrett, licensed psychologist, will share his clinical wisdom with time-pressed professionals to help accurately assess the suicidal individual. Thursday, April 10, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Ramada Inn and Convention Center, 1202 W. Clairemont Ave., Eau Claire, WI.
- The Trouble with Personality: Encounters with the Exploitative Personality Disordered Individual: Dr. Terence Barrett, licensed psychologist, will explore the origins of certain personality disorders and provide a framework to best understand the impulsive and self-defeating behaviors that undermine treatment. Friday, April 11, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Ramada Inn and Convention Center, 1202 W. Clairemont Ave., Eau Claire, WI.
- Anxious in America, Part II: Clinical Insights Into Assessing and Managing Anxiety Disorders: Dr. Brad Riemann, clinical director for the Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Center at Rogers Memorial Hospital, provides up-to-the-minute, pertinent, clinically-oriented information about GAD, PTSD and Social Anxiety Disorder. Thursday, April 17, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Park Inn and Suites, 3340 Mondovi Road, Eau Claire, WI.
- A Kaleidoscope of Nursing Research: 18th Annual UW-Eau Claire/STT Research Day: Keynote speaker, Mary Jo Kreitzer, PhD, RN, director for the Center for Spirituality and Healing at the University of Minnesota, will present "Impact of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction on Illness Burden in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients." Join in sharing ongoing and completed research projects and ideas. Friday, April 25, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at UW-Eau Claire.
UW-Eau Claire, in cooperation with UW-Extension, awards Contact Hours or Continuing Education Units for these classes. Early registration, at least 15 days prior to program, is preferred to guarantee space and prevent cancellation. You may register online at and follow up with payment. Fees vary for each program.
For general information about these programs you can call toll free (800) 582-5182 or leave a voice mail at (715) 836-3990.
For further information about all the classes offered, contact Mary Ellen Stolder, UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education, at (715) 836-5645.
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: February 24, 2003