News Bureau • Schofield Hall 201 • Eau Claire, WI 54702
phone: (715) 836-4741
fax: (715) 836-2900
Schedule of Counseling Services
Set for Spring Semester
MAILED: Feb. 3, 2003
EAU CLAIRE — The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Counseling Services is offering the following groups for the spring semester:
- Assertiveness Training: 3:30-5 p.m. Wednesdays, Feb. 12-March 12. This is a five-session group with training in assertive coping skills to increase interpersonal effectiveness. Pete Chellman will facilitate the group.
- Advanced Assertiveness Training: 3:30-5 p.m. Wednesdays, April 2-23. This is an interactive opportunity to practice assertion skills. Participants must have completed the basic Assertiveness Training group. Lisa Voigt and Ryan Voigt will facilitate the group.
- Care Givers Support Group: Noon-1 p.m. on the first Monday of every month. Balancing being a caregiver for an aging/ill family member or friend with working at the university can be tough. Meeting with others to share tips, resources and support can help. The group is sponsored by the Counseling Services Employee Assistance Program. Dr. Katherine Schneider, Counseling Services, and Gloria Fennell, assistant professor of social work, are the group facilitators. Call 836-5521 for more information.
- Coping with Depression: 3:30-4:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Feb. 12-April 9. This eight-session small support group will focus on specific skill training for coping with depression. Dr. P.J. Kennedy and junior Leigh Durbahn, a peer counselor, will facilitate.
- First Offenders Alcohol Education Groups: These groups are offered on an as needed basis. Call or stop by the Counseling Services office for more information on when groups are offered.
- GLBT (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered) Personal Growth Group: The group will allow students to explore and discuss, in a safe and supportive environment, coming out, relationships with partners, friends and just being a college student. Carol Schumacher is the group facilitator. Call 836-5521 for more information.
Groups are open to all UW-Eau Claire students, faculty and staff. Stop by the Counseling Services office at Old Library 2122, or call 836-5521, to set up a half-hour pre-registration appointment. Space is limited, so sign up for groups well in advance.
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: February 3, 2003