United Way basket raffle sales continue
Tickets for drawing still on sale until Oct. 17
Ticket sales continue for UW-Eau Claire's 2008 theme basket raffle to benefit the United Way of Greater Eau Claire and its member agencies. Raffle tickets can be purchased from the campus departments and offices sponsoring baskets, and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 16 and 17 in the east lobby of Davies Center. The raffle drawing will be held Oct. 17.
It's not too late for your department, office or unit to create a theme basket for the raffle. Find out how you and your co-workers can become involved.
The following are the basket sponsors and themes so far (see a list of contents for some of the baskets):
- Activities and Programs: "That's Entertainment"
- Advising and New Student Initiatives: "Road Trip"
- Athletics: Blugold theme
- Business Services: "Wisconsin Favorites"
- Career Services: "Patriotic Theme"
- Children's Center: "Family Fun"
- Student Affairs/Dean of Students office: "It's All About ME, ME, ME"
- McIntyre Library: "It's a Mystery"
- Multicultural Affairs office: "Chocolate Lover's Basket"
- University Communications: "Local Foods"
- University Recreation and Sport Facilities: theme still undetermined
- UW-Eau Claire Alumni Association and Foundation: "Bountiful Blugold Basket"
For more information and/or to volunteer, contact Jodi Thesing-Ritter (firstname.lastname@example.org or 836-2325) or Jacqueline Bonneville (email@example.com or 836-3487).
Faculty/Academic Staff Forums
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs will present Faculty/Academic Staff Forums this semester. The programs will be held from 12:10 to 12:50 p.m. Wednesdays in the Presidents Room of Davies Center unless otherwise noted. Attendees are welcome to bring a brown bag lunch or tray.
• • Oct. 8: Lance Dalleck, kinesiology, "Evidence-Based Practice: How the UW-Eau Claire Community Fitness Program Improves Health in the Chippewa Valley."
• • Oct. 15: Martha Fay, communication and journalism, "Transformational Leadership and Conflict Management." Note: This forum will be held in the Alumni Room, Davies Center.
A list of all Fall 2008 Faculty/Academic Staff Forums can be viewed online.
Curriculum and Instruction
Sue McIntyre and Deb Pattee presented "Creating Learning Communities in Higher Education Classrooms" at the Eighth Annual Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching Sept. 19 in Traverse City, Mich. Bob Hollon presented a poster titled "Collaborative Leadership in Teacher Education" on behalf of three education departments and students from The Center for Collaborative Leadership.
Condolences to Daniel Langlois, University Recreation and Sport Facilities, whose mother, Emma Langlois, died Sept. 22 in Eau Claire. Full obituary.