Free hearing tests to be offered
Free hearing tests will be offered to UW-Eau Claire faculty, staff, students and their immediate families on Monday mornings this semester at the Center for Communication Disorders. Those interested should call 836-4186 to make an appointment.
Counseling Services announces
fall group schedule
UW-Eau Claire Counseling Services will offer
the following counseling groups during the fall 2008 semester:
• ADD/ADHD Support Group: Oct. 15-Nov. 19, Wednesdays, 3-4:30 p.m.
• Assertiveness Skills Group: Oct. 6-Nov. 10, Mondays, 2-3:30 p.m.
• Coping with the Blues: Oct. 6-Nov. 24, Mondays, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
• Coping with Grief: Oct. 21-Nov. 4, Tuesdays, 3-4:30 p.m.
• First Offenders Alcohol Education Groups: Call Counseling Services for more information.
• Happier: Sept. 25-Dec. 18, Thursdays, 4-5 p.m.
• LGBTQ Support Group: date and time set according to students' schedules.
• Mindfulness/Meditation/Relaxation: Oct. 8-Nov. 12, Wednesdays, 2-2:50 p.m.
• Veteran's Support Group: Sept. 24-Dec. 17, Wednesdays, 4-5 p.m.
For more information or to set up a 30-minute pre-registration appointment, visit the Counseling Services office, Old Library 2122, or call 715-836-5521. More
Investment counseling available to faculty and staff
Have you recently reviewed your investment portfolio or taken full advantage of your ability to invest in a 403(b) plan? Andrew Court from Ameriprise Financial will be available to meet with UW-Eau Claire staff members from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 29 in the Maple Room of Davies Center. To reserve a specific time, contact Court at Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org or 834-7280. Walk-ins also are welcome. More information.
Business Services announcements
Not all items listed in the Central Stores catalog, Office Depot catalog or other sources can be purchased with state funds. Items that are generally not allowed are: picture frames, tissues, paper plates, plastic utensils, napkins, promotional candy, flowers and greeting cards. If you are uncertain whether an item is reimbursable, contact Vickie Gardner, Accounts Payable, at 836-4528.
Sodexho food service payments
Sodexho has its own procedures for food ordering. After orders are placed with Sodexho, additional documentation is required to process the payment from a state account. A food requisition should be prepared and forwarded to Accounts Payable immediately after placing the order with Sodexho. The following paperwork can be forwarded to Accounts Payable prior to or after the meeting has occurred:
- Agenda describing the business conducted (required for all meetings).
- A participant list is required for lunch and dinner meetings only. If only refreshments are served, a participant list is not required.
Accounts Payable must receive all original food invoices for state and Foundation accounts from Sodexho. If you anticipate using Foundation funds to pay for food invoices, please give Sodexho your Foundation account number for billing purposes. For more information about these procedures, contact Judy Kleiner at 836-4739 or Vickie Gardner at 836-4528.
'It's Your Benefit' newsletter
The Wisconsin Department
of Employee Trust Funds newsletter, "It's
Your Benefit," is available online. The newsletter is published
in January, May and September.
Continuing Education offerings
Connecting campus and community. Continuing Education serves a wide variety of nontraditional students. Following are links to news releases about UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education programs.
• UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education Offers Programs on Export Regulations, Compliance, Partners and Resources.
• UW-Eau Claire to Offer Workshops for Supervisory Management Program.
Additional information can be found on the Continuing Education Web site or by calling 715-836-3636.
Following is a new employment opportunity at UW-Eau Claire. A list of all currently available job openings
and additional information about each position, including application
procedures, may be found on the Academic
Affairs employment opportunities Web site.
• First Year Experience: Director (50 percent) — 836-4353. (Must be a current UW-Eau Claire instructional faculty member.)
'Pink Sheet' Notice of Meetings
The Notice of Meetings (pink sheet) is available online. Click here to find the link to the current week's meetings. Meetings for the following week will be posted Wednesday afternoon. If you frequently refer to the Notice of Meetings, consider saving the Notice of Meetings link in your Web browser's Favorites.