University employees respond generously to fundraisers
Counseling Services announces
• Over the past 16 years
Women in Higher Education has sponsored the Holiday Gift Program, which
assists low-income, nontraditional-age, and traditional-age UW-Eau Claire
students with families. This year student-parents requested a total
of 133 gifts, and the WHE program made the holidays better for 63 families.
In addition, $1,310 in cash was collected, which was converted to gift
certificates for groceries. Gift requests were up 30 percent this year and as a result, more gifts and cash were collected. Co-Chairs MaryEdna Hagen and Patti See thank
all faculty and staff members for their contributions.
• The McIntyre Library's
annual holiday fundraiser for the Hmong Mutual Assistance Association
raised a total of $1,912. Contributions came from UW-Eau Claire faculty, staff, students, retirees, departments, student organizations and community members. In a letter of thanks, HMAA Interim Director
Yong Kay Moua wrote, "The contribution will be used to buy rice for those who are low income or who have lost their jobs. This donation is greatly appreciated and makes a difference in the lives of many." Thanks to all who participated in the project.
Following are new employment opportunities at
UW-Eau Claire. A list of all currently available job openings and additional
information about each position, including application procedures, may
be found on the Academic Affairs employment
opportunities Web site.
• Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning: Instructional Program Manager — 836-4500.
• Housing and Residence Life: Residence Hall Manager — 836-3674.
• Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Achievement Program: Research Program Manager (75 percent) — 836-4912.
• Social Work: Clinical Instructor — 836-5366.
Counseling Services announces
UW-Eau Claire Counseling Services will offer
the following counseling groups during the spring 2009 semester:
• Asperger's Support Group: Time and dates to be determined.
• Assertiveness Training: 1-2:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Feb. 24-April 7.
• Beginning Relationship Building: 10-10:50 a.m. Wednesdays, March 4-May 6.
• Body Love: 3-4:30 p.m. Thursdays, March 12-April 23.
• Coping with Grief: 3-4:30 p.m. Tuesdays, March 24-April 7.
• Eating Disorders Support Group: 3-4:15 p.m. Wednesdays, March 11-April 22.
• Finding Hope: Time to be determined, Mondays, Feb. 23-May 4.
• First Offenders Alcohol Education Groups: These groups are offered on an as-needed basis by counseling staff. The program meets the requirements of the Eau Claire court's First Offender program. Contact Counseling Services for information about when groups are offered.
• GLBTQ Support Group: 2-2:50 p.m. Wednesdays, March 4-May 6.
• Relaxation Techniques: 2-2:50 p.m. Tuesdays, March 3-May 5.
• Vets Supporting Vets: 5-6 p.m. Mondays, Feb. 23-May 11.
For more information or to set up a 30-minute pre-registration appointment, visit the Counseling Services office, Old Library 2122, or call 715-836-5521. More
Notice of Meetings
The Notice of Meetings is available online.
Click here to find
the link to the current week's meetings. Meetings for the following
week will be posted by Thursday morning. If you frequently refer to
the Notice of Meetings, consider saving the Notice of Meetings link
in your Web browser's Favorites.