Business travel reminders
Faculty and staff are asked to review the latest business travel guidelines, while paying particular attention to the following:
• Out-of-state travel restrictions (effective Dec. 9, 2008).
• The new mileage "turndown rates" (effective Dec. 1, 2008).
• Mandatory use of Travelport for the online airline booking.
• Contract lodging properties in Eau Claire for interview candidates, consultants, events, etc.
Additional travel guidelines are available on the Accounts Payable Web page. A Traveler's Reference Guide also is available online. For more information, contact Becky Zillmer at email@example.com or 836-5266 or Vickie Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 836-4528.
workshops and programs
of Research and Sponsored Programs announces the following workshop and program
• A training session on research using human subjects (IRB) will be held Feb. 6 in Old Library 1132. Two sessions will be offered — one from 8 a.m. to noon and the other from 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Come to one or both sessions (and receive a certificate) or come for part of a session.
• The deadline
for Summer Research Experiences for
Undergraduates Grants, University Research and Creative Activity and the Kell Container Corp. Scholarship for Faculty/Student
Collaborative Research is Feb.
Patrick Day's chapter titled "Beliefs of a Non-Believer: Spirituality and Religion in the Films of Ousmane Sembène" appears in "Faith & Spirituality in Masters of World Cinema," edited by Kenneth R. Morefield, Newcastle upon Tyne, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2008, pages 126-143.
Matt Waters had five entries on the Achaemenid Persian Empire published in "The Middle East: The Cradle of Civilization Revealed," chief consultant S. Bourke, Thames and Hudson, 2008. His review of S. Ruzicka's "Politics of a Persian Dynasty" appeared in Name-ye Iran-e Bastan (The International Journal of Ancient Iranian Studies), Vol. 6, No. 1-2, 2006-07, pages 95-96. In addition, his review of G. Cawkwell's "The Greek Wars: The Failure of Persia" appeared in the Journal of the American Oriental Society, Vol. 127, No. 2, 2007, page 226.
will give a presentation titled
"Afghanistan & Pakistan"
Feb. 9 as part of the 2009 Great Decisions series on foreign policy at the Manitowoc Public Library in Manitowoc. More information.