Nominees sought for Classified Staff Scholarship
The Classified Staff Scholarship is a $500 endowed scholarship created to provide financial assistance to the children, grandchildren or other nominees of UW-Eau Claire permanent classified staff members and permanent classified staff retirees.
• Nominees must meet admission standards and show proof of acceptance to UW-Eau Claire.
• Nominees must be nominated by a present or retired participating permanent classified staff employee.
• Returning students must be full-time students (12 credits or more) and have a cumulative grade-point average of 2.0 or above.
Selection and application information:
The recipient will be chosen at random by a lottery system. A majority of the scholarship committee members must be present for the selection process. Past recipients may be renominated each academic year. Nomination forms, available online or through Human Resources, Schofield 220, are due by 4:30 p.m. April 7. For more information, contact Barb Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 836-3871.
Invitation to participate
in review of Center for International Education
A review of the Center
for International Education will be conducted March
12 and 13 by a committee made up of the
following members: Don Mowry, director, Center for Service-Learning
and First Year Experience, chair; Carter Smith, associate professor,
foreign languages; Heather Pearson, associate director, Admissions;
and Jay Lokken, director, International Education, UW-LaCrosse. Open
sessions to gather feedback from faculty
and staff will be held Wednesday, March 12, in the Arrowhead Room of
Davies Center. If you would like to participate in a group session,
contact Dorothy Nelson at email@example.com
or 836-5182. You also may contact any of the committee members to share
comments or suggestions about the Center for International Education.
Following are new employment opportunities at UW-Eau Claire. A list of all currently available job openings and additional information about each position, including application procedures, may be found on the Academic Affairs employment opportunities Web site.
• Athletics: Assistant athletic trainers — 836-3062.
• Foreign Languages: Two positions in the lecturer (title series); one to teach Spanish and the other to teach Russian — 836-4549. • Foundations of Education: Assistant or associate professor for the library information science media technology program — 836-4758.
• Geography and Anthropology: Assistant professor in human geography — 836-3244.
Continuing Education offerings
Connecting campus and community. Continuing Education
serves a wide variety of nontraditional students. Following are links
to news releases about UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education programs.
Annual Kaleidoscope of Nursing Scholarship Set for April 25 at UW-Eau
Valley Youth Symphony Concerto Competition Winners Announced.
Additional information can be found on the Continuing
Education Web site or by calling 715-836-3636.
Notice of Meetings
The Notice of Meetings is available online.
Click here to find
the link to the current week's meetings. Meetings for the following
week will be posted by Thursday morning. If you frequently refer to
the Notice of Meetings, consider saving the Notice of Meetings link
in your Web browser's Favorites.