Call for conference presentations
The UW System Institute on Race and Ethnicity is organizing a statewide conference titled “Enriching Racial/Ethnic Studies: Health, Education and Cultural Knowledge” to be held April 6-7, 2006, at UW-Milwaukee.
The conference will feature research initiatives, curricular developments, pedagogical practices, reading seminars and innovative campus activities concerning racial/ethnic studies on UW System campuses. The theme of the conference will focus on topics related to health, education, and cultural knowledge, but presentations on other racial/ethnic topics are welcome.
For more information, contact Tom Tonnesen, the institute’s associate director, at (414) 229-4700. The proposal deadline is Dec. 2. More information, including proposal format and guidelines.
Following are new employment opportunities at UW-Eau Claire. A list of all currently available job openings and additional information about each position, including application procedures, may be found on the Academic Affairs employment opportunities Web site.
• Communication Sciences and Disorders: Assistant or associate professor in language-speech pathology — 836-3805.
• Learning and Technology Services: Administrative program manager III to serve as classroom services manager — 836-3323. This search is internal to UW-Eau Claire.
• Public Health Professions: Assistant professor in environmental and public health — 836-5589.
• Notice of Permanent Employment Certification Filing — Foreign Languages. (Notice can be found online.)
National Student Exchange meetings announced
The Office of Student Development and Diversity will be holding informational meetings about the National Student Exchange program. NSE is a program for undergraduate exchange within the United States and Canada.
Please encourage students who are interested in exploring an exchange opportunity to attend one of the meetings listed below. The application process, requirements and timelines will be explained. Students who have participated in the NSE program also will be available to share their experiences and answer questions.
NSE informational meetings will be held during the following dates and times:
• Oct. 13: Badger Room, Davies Center, noon-1 p.m.
• Oct. 21: Badger Room, Davies Center, 10-11 a.m.
• Oct. 25: Badger Room, Davies Center, 1-2 p.m.
• Nov. 2: Badger Room, Davies Center, 11 a.m.-noon
• Nov. 18: Badger Room, Davies Center, noon-1 p.m.
For more information, contact Mary K. Ryan-Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 836-2003.
Continuing Education offerings
Connecting campus and community — Continuing Education serves a wide variety of nontraditional students. Following are links to news releases about upcoming programs offered by UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education.
'Pink Sheet' Notice of Meetings
The Notice of Meetings (pink sheet) is available online. Click here to find the link to the current week's meetings. Meetings for the following week will be posted Wednesday afternoon. If you frequently refer to the Notice of Meetings, consider saving the Notice of Meetings link in your Web browser's Favorites.