Spring 2006 Class Schedule available online
The Spring 2006 Class Schedule is available online. It can be accessed through the Blugold Insider by clicking "Administrative Resources" or through the UW-Eau Claire home page by going to "Quick Links" and choosing "Class schedule." Note that the schedule is available in both Microsoft Word and PDF formats.
Counseling Services groups announced
Counseling Services will offer the following groups for faculty, staff and students for the fall 2005 semester:
• ADD/ADHD Support Group
• Assertiveness Skills Group
• Coping with Depression
• Dissertator’s Support Group
• First Offenders Alcohol Education Groups
• GLBT Personal Growth Group
• Grief Support Group
• Success Skills Group
• Women’s Self-Esteem
See group descriptions, dates and times. Stop by the Counseling Services office in Old Library 2122 or call 836-5521 for more information.
Free hearing tests to be offered
Free hearing tests will be offered to UW-Eau Claire faculty, staff, students and their immediate families this semester. Appointments are available Mondays and Wednesdays between 2 and 3:30 p.m. at the Center for Communication Disorders. To make an appointment call 836-4186.
Business Services announcements
Vans for 12 or 15 passengers, including rentals
The safety of UW-Eau Claire students, faculty and staff is of utmost importance. Accordingly, the following policy regarding rental and/or use of 12 or 15-passenger vans has been in effect since July 1, 2002:
• A ban on all student drivers of 12 or 15-passenger vans with the exception of students over the age of 25 who meet all UW-System driving requirements and have completed required training for operating 12 or 15-passenger vans.
• A ban on all towing with 12 or 15-passenger vans, regardless of the driver.
• A ban on car top carriers on 12 or 15-passenger vans.
• Leasing of 12 or 15-passenger vans through state and university contracts is not allowed unless reviewed and approved by the institution’s risk management office. (Under no circumstances will students be allowed to lease or drive 12 or 15-passenger vans.)
• 12 or 15-passenger vans can be used to transport cargo if the cargo and passengers are restricted in size, weight and number to the manufacturer’s suggested rated capacity of the vehicle.
• UW System faculty and staff will be allowed to continue driving 12 or 15-passenger vans as long as they are at least 25 years of age, meet UW-System driving requirements and have completed required training for operating 12 or 15-passenger vans.
Any exception to this policy must be documented in writing and approved by the chancellor of each UW-System institution, with the concurrence of the UW System Risk Management Office.
Travel regulation updates
Spouses and other family members are not allowed to travel in state owned vehicles. This includes vehicles rented through the Enterprise state contract. A spouse or family member may ride along on a business trip when a personal vehicle is used.
Travel card or credit card slips are no longer acceptable forms of receipts unless they are itemized (with transaction details) for any form of travel expenses including meals, lodging or miscellaneous expenses.
A 15 percent gratuity is the maximum amount allowed for meals. The maximum amount allowed for telephone calls per day is $5, whether you are traveling within the United States or abroad.
Additional travel guidelines are available online.
Continuing Education offerings
Connecting campus and community — Continuing Education serves a wide variety of nontraditional students. Following are links to news releases about upcoming programs offered by UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education.
• UW-Eau Claire to Offer Math Enrichment Opportunity for Students Ages 5-15.
Additional information can be found on the Continuing Education Web site or by calling (715) 836-3636.