Following are new employment opportunities at UW-Eau Claire. A list of all currently available job openings
and additional information about each position, including application
procedures, may be found on the Academic
Affairs employment opportunities Web site.
• Communication and Journalism: Assistant professor in organizational communication — 836-4431.
• English: Two positions — one as assistant professor in scientific/technical writing — 836-2383; and the other as assistant or associate professor to serve as composition director — 836-4953.
• Foreign Languages: Assistant professor of Spanish — 836-4287.
• Management Information Systems: Associate lecturer, lecturer or senior lecturer — 836-3416.
• Mathematics: Two positions as assistant or associate professor, both in mathematics education — 836-3673.
• Philosophy and Religious Studies: Assistant professor in philosophy of mind or epistemology — 836-2545.
• Psychology: Two positions as assistant professor — one in educational psychology; and the other in school psychology — 836-5525.
• Student Health Service: Clinic nurse manager to serve as nursing supervisor — 836-4311.
Campuswide e-mail policy
While the News Bureau does the actual distribution of messages to campuswide e-mail lists (such as the Administrators and All Staff lists), use of those lists is restricted (i.e., they may be used only with the approval of the Chancellor's Office or the member of the chancellor's executive staff who administers your area).
When making a request to the appropriate administrator's office, be aware that use of these lists is intended to be only for emergency announcements, informing the campus community of timely news before it is released to the media, or announcements of immediate importance to the campus community that cannot be disseminated in a timely manner by any other means.
Thus, if there is a reasonable amount of time available in which to make your announcement in an on-campus paper mailing or in the University Bulletin or Summer Bulletin, you must use one of those options.
'Pink Sheet' Notice of Meetings
The Notice of Meetings (pink sheet) is available online. Click here to find the link to the current week's meetings. Meetings for the following week will be posted Wednesday afternoon. If you frequently refer to the Notice of Meetings, consider saving the Notice of Meetings link in your Web browser's Favorites.
Differential Tuition Program deadline this week
The deadline for submitting differential tuition funding proposals for the 2005-06 academic year to deans, assistant vice chancellors and associate vice chancellors is Oct. 8. More information is available through the Academic Affairs Web site.
Proposed changes in College of Arts and Sciences
Following are proposed curricular changes in the College of Arts and Sciences. If you have questions or concerns, contact David Shih at firstname.lastname@example.org or 836-3502 within 15 days of this notice in the University Bulletin.
Major: Biology, Liberal Arts (Code 080-203)
From: Page 75 of the 2004-05 University Catalogue
To: Change # 3 to read: In addition to the 36 credits in biology, a math requirement of Math 114 Calculus I, and a chemistry requirement of 8-10 semester credits chosen from Chem 103 and 104, or 115 and a 200-level or higher chemistry course.
Continuing Education offerings
Connecting campus and community — Continuing Education serves a wide variety of nontraditional students. Following is a link to a news release about upcoming programs offered by UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education.
• Supervisory Management Courses
Offered by UW-Eau Claire in October
Additional information can be found on the Continuing Education Web site or by calling (715) 836-3636.