A list of all currently available job openings
and additional information about each position, including application
procedures, may be found on the Academic
Affairs employment opportunities Web site.
Finals Week information
Finals Week at UW-Eau Claire is May 16-20. Test Scoring in Schofield 4 will be open from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. May 16-19 and from 7:45 a.m. to 7 p.m. May 20. The Registrar’s Office in Schofield 128 will collect grades from 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 16-20 and from 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 23 and 24. The grade reporting deadline is 4 p.m. Tuesday, May 24.
Resources available for end-of-semester stress
A number of campus resources are available to assist UW-Eau Claire students throughout the year. However, during final exam week, students may find the following departments to be especially helpful:
• Academic Skills Center
• Advising and New Student Initiatives
• Career Services
• Counseling Services
• Services for Students with Disabilities
• Student Development and Diversity
• Student Health Service
A complete list of campus support services is available online.
First Year Experiences coordinator sought
The Office of Academic Affairs requests letters of interest from individuals willing to serve as the First Year Experiences (FYE) coordinator.
• Coordinate FYE courses in consultation with the college deans and the director of Advising and New Student Initiatives.
• Provide professional development for FYE faculty/staff.
• Train and coordinate supervision of FYE peer mentors.
• Conduct research, gather information and prepare reports related to FYE programs.
• Conduct assessment activities of the FYE programs.
• Assist with the Phase II orientation related to FYE.
• Provide leadership in addressing current trends and issues in higher education affecting students in transition.
• Oversee the FYE budget.
1. Members of the faculty, administrative/professional staff holding positions with faculty back-up, or instructional academic staff with faculty status may apply.
2. Commitment to the improvement of the educational experience of first-year students.
The duties are to be assumed within the selected individual’s regular work load and include summer work with no additional compensation or release time.
To apply, send a letter of interest to Interim Provost and Vice Chancellor Steve Tallant, Office of Academic Affairs. Include a Vita and the names of three references. Deadline: May 27.
Undergraduate catalogues for 2005-06 distributed
Distribution of 2005-06 undergraduate catalogues to faculty/academic staff and administrative offices began May 13. If you did not receive a catalogue and would like one, contact Pamela Scheible at firstname.lastname@example.org or 836-5845.
Continuing Education offerings
Connecting campus and community — Continuing Education serves a wide variety of nontraditional students. Following is a link to a news release about upcoming programs offered by UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education.
• UW-Eau Claire to Offer Spring Supervisory Management Courses.
Additional information can be found on the Continuing Education Web site or by calling (715) 836-3636.
Do your part to reduce utility expenses
To help reduce UW-Eau Claire’s electrical bills, the Physical Plant Planning Committee of the University Senate, Facilities Planning and Management, and the Teaching and Learning Technology Development Center ask you to:
• Turn your computer monitors off at night. Do not turn off your CPU — "log off" instead.
• For weekends, short vacations and extended absences, turn off your monitor and "shut down" your CPU.
Be aware that when you turn your computer on after an extended absence, it will be slow, as it is processing updates from the system.
'Pink Sheet' Notice of Meetings
The Notice of Meetings (pink sheet) is available online. Click here to find the link to the current week's meetings. Meetings for the following week will be posted Wednesday afternoon. If you frequently refer to the Notice of Meetings, consider saving the Notice of Meetings link in your Web browser's Favorites.