Outside the classroom, undergraduates frequently collaborate with faculty on research problems. This "valued-added" high impact practice supplements our rigorous classroom curriculum.
- 25TH Annual Math Retreat is Monday! We have 43 wonderful presentations ready. View the full schedule here.
- UWEC Math Professor is recipient of Outstanding Women of Color in Education Award
- New! Online Master degree in Data Science--the "hot job of the decade"
UWEC Department of Mathematics partners with UW Extension to offer online Data Science degree
- UW-Eau Claire Math students participated in the Wisconsin Math Modeling Challenge at UW-Lacrosse - October 2015. View photos.
- Ursula Whitcher received the Merten Hasse prize at the Mathematical Association of America's MathFest 2015
- Increasing Diversity and Inclusion for Women in STEM by Dandrielle Lewis appeared in the September Notices of the American Mathematical Society
- UWEC Math Retreat: Monday April 27, 2015
- UWEC Sonia Kovalevsky Math Day for Young Women Interested in STEM
- UWEC Mathematics faculty receive two federal Mathematics and Science Partnership grants
- Lindsey Alger, a mathematics teacher at Northstar Middle School in Eau Claire, is UW-Eau Claire's 2016 Early Career Educator Award recipient. Alger is a 2013 UW-Eau Claire mathematics education graduate.
- Pi Day celebrated at UW-Eau Claire
- UW-Eau Claire hosts math workshop for girls
- UW-Eau Claire hosts Sonia Kovalevsky Mathematics day for girls
- Interview: Authors of the paper "Women's Representation in Mathematics Subfields"
Fall 2015 - Spring 2016 Faculty/Student Research Projects
- Moduli Spaces of Low Dimensional Algebras
- Lattice Point Visibility on Generalized Lines of Sights
- Minimum Number of Enzyme Actions to Produce Tricolorable DNA Knots and Links
- Approximating Solutions of ODEs using Adaptive Techniques and the Framework of the Time Scale Calculus
- Pattern Avoidance in Task-Precedence Posets
- Algebras associated to the Hasse graphs of Coxeter groups H_3 and H_4
- Point Counting and Picard-Fuchs Equations
- Flexible Skew-Symmetric Distributions: Applications to Medical Data
- A comparison of ancestry-based methods of association mapping for populations with three-way admixture
- Longevity Risk in the Solvency Framework