Annual Benefit Enrollment (ABE) Period October 6 - 31, 2014
The Time Is Now. Evaluate, Enroll, Make Changes…
Don't miss your once a year opportunity to enroll or make changes to your benefits!
This is the time of the year to evaluate your benefits, review plan changes and determine your benefit needs for the coming year. All changes made during this period will be effective January 1, 2015.
Detailed information, brochures and applications are available on the UW System Annual Benefit Enrollment (ABE) website www.uwsa.edu/abe/. Please review the It’s Your Choice: Decision and Reference Guides for information about your health insurance in 2015: http://etf.wi.gov/members/IYC2015/IYC_State_home.html
Are you interested in additional information or assistance to complete your open enrollment? We will have Human Resource staff available:
Instructions for Searching the Humana Directory
Human Resources has received information regarding the provider network to choose for Humana when searching for a provider for State of Wisconsin Employees. Please follow the instructions listed below.
To get to Humana’s State of Wisconsin plan you can get there two different ways:
- If members use the www.humana.com website, they would select the “HMO Premier Network”, which is about half way down the drop down list.
- If members click on the “It’s your choice book”, go to page 53 in the book (when scrolling on the computer it is page 55) select the following link: our.humana.com/stateofwi . Once you have the website open, you will go to Tool & Resources, and then select “Explore tools and resources”. Once you click on the explore tools and resources link, you will go to the bottom of the page where you will find “2015 State of Wisconsin HMO Provider Directory”.
Also, when searching for a physician, use last name only. When searching in the full directory (search option 2) employees can click on “ctrl + F” (for control find) and type in their physician’s name.
How do I know if I need to do anything during the ABE period?
You must re-enroll in the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) program every year. With the exception of the FSA program, if you do nothing, your current benefits will continue in 2015.
Health plans may make changes to their provider network so you should confirm that the doctors, clinics, hospitals and dentists you currently use will still be available in 2015. You will receive a mailing from your current health plan with 2015 provider information. See Health Plans by County for 2015 to see which health plans are available in each county.
Benefit Changes Allowed During ABE
You may enroll in, cancel and/or make changes to the following benefit plans during this period:
- State Group Health Insurance – in addition to the regular health plans, you have the option to elect a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental Wisconsin Dental Insurance
- EPIC Benefits+
- VSP Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) – must re-enroll every year. A new vendor, TASC, will administer the FSA program, including commuter benefits.
- Individual & Family Life Insurance (may only increase coverage if already enrolled)
See the Annual Benefit Enrollment website for full details.
Use eBenefits to Make Elections Online: Beginning on October 6th, you may use eBenefits to make your benefits elections online by logging into My UW System portal and going to the Benefit Information box and clicking on the Open Enrollment link. Please refer to the Open Enrollment Quick Start Guide for additional information.
You will receive a confirmation notice when you submit your eBenefits elections. The day after you submit your eBenefits election, you can do the following to confirm your elections:
- Log into the MyUW portal
- Scroll down to the Benefits Information box
- Go to the Statements tab
- Click on your Benefit Confirmation
Please review your Benefit Confirmation notice carefully. Report any errors to your institution’s benefits office immediately.
You are encouraged to use eBenefits but you may also submit paper applications. You must complete, print and sign any paper application and submit them to your benefits office. All applications are available online at: www.uwsa.edu/abe/apps
Don’t miss your chance to enroll in or make changes to your benefits for 2015! All benefit elections must be submitted by 4:30p.m., Friday, October 31, 2014. Remember, this period is typically the only time during the year when you are eligible to make benefit plan changes unless you have a life event (marriage, birth, divorce...) that allows you to add or change benefits.
Human Resources Home Page
UW-Eau Claire Human Resources, Schofield 220, (715)836-2513