Rights and Responsibilities of Students Receiving Financial Aid
You have the right to:
- Information about how your aid award was calculated.
- Have your financial need reviewed through an appeal process if you or your family's circumstances change.
- Know that the information you give to the Financial Aid Office will be treated confidentially.
- Student consumer information. Please see the list of Student Consumer Information available through the Dean of Students Office.
You have the responsibility to:
- Provide accurate information to the Financial Aid Office.
- Provide any additional information requested during the application process, which may include copies of income tax returns, verification worksheets, or other required information.
- Use financial aid for educational expenses only.
- Make satisfactory academic progress.
- Report any additional financial aid you receive such as scholarships, outside grants or other educational/tuition assistance.
- Repay all loans according to your established payment schedule. If you are in default on a loan, you are not eligible for additional financial aid.
- Repay any prior overaward of financial aid.
Borrower's Rights and Responsibilities Statement
The Borrower's Rights and Responsibilities Statement provides additional information about the terms and conditions of the Federal Direct Stafford/Ford Loans (Direct Subsidized Loans) and Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford/Ford Loans (Direct Unsubsidized Loans).