Federal Perkins Loans are low interest loans for students with exceptional financial need. Although this loan is
made with government funds, UWEC is the lender. The Financial Aid Office determines your
eligibility for a Perkins Loan based on your Perkins borrowing history, your level of need
and funds available. It is only given to students who have been awarded all of their subsidized Ford Loan eligibility. In addition, your eligibility for Perkins will depend upon your continuing in your declared major at the point that you were orginally awarded Perkins.
Changing your major may result in the cancellation of any undisbursed Perkins.
If you are offered both a subsidized Ford Loan and a Perkins Loan and you do not complete
all of the necessary steps to receive the Ford Loan, the Perkins will be cancelled.
The Perkins Loan maximums are:
Maximum Annual Loan Limits
Typically $3000 per year as an undergraduate per office policy.
The undergraduate cumulative limit is $20,000.
The interest rate on a Perkins loan is fixed at 5%. You are not charged interest as long as you are enrolled on at least a half time basis. Once you graduate, leave school or drop below half-time status, you have a nine month grace period . At the end of your grace period, you must begin repaying your loan.
FEDERAL PERKINS LOAN MASTER PROMISSORY NOTE INSTRUCTIONS
Please follow these instructions on MyBlugold CampS to print your Federal Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note and required paperwork:
- On the Menu bar click Self Service>click Student Center>click Accept/Decline Awards link under Finances>click on Aid Year link>with the Accept box checked on the Federal Perkins line, click the Submit button below>click Yes to confirm>click Proceed to continue>click on REQUEST PAPER MPN button>click on CONTINUE button>click View Master Promissory Note link at the bottom. This should open the PDF file containing the Master Promissory Note and required paperwork:
1. 4-page Federal Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note
2. Perkins Entrance Interview Questionnaire
3. Perkins Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
4. Wisconsin Marital Property Act
Please sign, complete, and return the above 7 pages of the Federal Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note and required paperwork to:
- UW-Eau Claire Loan Services
110 Schofield Hall
PO Box 5050
Eau Claire, WI 54702-5050
For questions on the promissory note call 715-836-4817 or email email@example.com.