for International Education
Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) and
Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
A running record of advising news.
- There is a possibility that TESOL and TEFL programs will have new admissions criteria and/or reductions in programming. Please be aware. Posted: 4/20/2005.
- The prefix for Communication Disorders (Cdis) has recently changed, as has the Dept name to Communication Sciences Department (CSD). Posted: 4/20/2005.
- VERY IMPORTANT: * Fall 2005 semester registration
- 1) FLG 378 will be offered for the first time in the Fall and Spring semesters next year. If you want to you can register for it in the Fall. Posted: 4/19/2005.
- 2) ALL core TESOL/TEFL courses (CI 403, CI 405, FLG 378/778, and FLG 400) will be held to the course maximum capacity in the future. As advisor, Dr. Reynolds has always allowed everyone to enroll in the TESOL core courses (that she teaches) even if the course was closed and very heavily over-enrolled. She felt that it was only fair to the students, so that they would not be forced to wait for a course. However, due to staffing issues (very long story), she can no longer over-enroll her TESOL/TEFL courses. Therefore, please register as early as you can for the TESOL/TEFL courses so that you may obtain a spot . Please do not ask Dr. Reynolds to over-enroll you.
- If you desperately need a core TESOL/TEFL course that is closed, please follow these procedures:
- If it is a FLG (Foreign Language Dept) course: please see Dr. Johannes Strohschank, 364 HHH, 836-4549, firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If it is a C & I (Curriculum and Instruction Dept) course: please see Dr. Sue Mc Intyre, Brewer 283, 836-4213, mc email@example.com .
- If you aren't satisfied at the Departmental level, please proceed to the appropriate Dean (A & S= Dean Don Christian, Schofield 138; College of Education= Dean Katherine Rhoades, Brewer 153) then the Provost Ron Satz, Schofield 206 A. Posted: 4/19/2005.
- CJ 301 is supposed to be removed from every TESOLers program. Please do not worry about it. If you are going to graduate soon and need it removed immediately, please see Sue Mc Intyre or Kate Reynolds for a course waiver. Posted: 4/19/2005.