for International Education
Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) and
Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
TEFL Practicum & Internship Procedures
Internship Experience (TEFL Practicum)
TEFL Practicum-General Information and Procedures
Assistance in finding a TEFL Practicum site or TEFL Internships list.
Procedures to Enroll in FLG 375:
(TEFL Practicum) Course:
- Once you have identified a practicum site, please complete these TEFL Practicum Forms and obtain CISI Insurance.
REQUIRED 3 months prior to conducting or enrolling in FLG 375!!
- Read the TEFL Practicum-Internship Checklist
- Complete the two-page TEFL Practicum Internship Application. You will need specific information about your host school and contacts' names and addresses to complete this application.
- Complete the TEFL Practicum-UW-Eau Claire Liability Waiver
- Purchase CISI overseas insurance ($35 per month) at the Center for International Education (CIE) office in Schofield 111.
- Information you must bring with you to purchase the insurance: your name, birthdate, telephone #, duration of stay abroad, dates of internship, and location/country.
- Obtain a receipt at that time. Attach a copy of the CISI receipt to your TEFL Practicum Application forms.
- Meet with your TEFL Advisor
- Bring the two-page Internship Application, UW-EC Liability Waiver and proof of your CISI insurance to your advisor in order to receive permission to enroll in FLG 375.
- Print our, read and bring the FLG 375 Syllabus & Observation Forms When visiting your TEFL Practicum advisor to discuss questions about the syllabus, deadlines for assignments and observation supervisors.
- Prior to your departure, you must
- enroll in FLG 375.
- read the TEFL Practicum-Internship Orientation Guide
- obtain the travelers health information and foreign entry requirements/visas necessary for the country you are visiting at these websites: