UW- Eau Claire Blugold Show Team
The Show Team competes through the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) in Hunt Seat Equitation and Western Horsemanship Classes as well as Jumping and Reining. We are part of Zone 7 Region 3 and compete against other UW, Minnesota, North Dakota,and South Dakota colleges
The unique challenge in our competitions are that we do not know or get to warm up the horse we ride in our classes. All of the horses’ names for each class are put into a hat and selected at random. This is great news for future and existing members who do not have their own horse(s) to be able to ride and compete with the team!! After everyone has the name of their horse the home team's discipline riders who are not competing warm up the horses being used with the horse's name tag attached to their saddle pad. This is our chance to evaluate as much as possible what aids we will have to emphasize in our 3-5 minute class. When it comes time for our class we check the tack positioning, get a leg up from a fellow team mate, adjust the stirrups, and with encouraging advice from our helper(s) we enter the arena.
2013-2014 Show Schedule:
- October 12th & 13th- University of Minnesota Crookston
- October 26th & 27th -University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- November 9th & 10th- North Daktoa State Unviersity
- November 16th & 17th- University of Wisconsin River Falls
- March 1st- University of Wisconsin River Falls
- March 2nd- Regionals at University of Wisconsin River Falls
- October 5th & 6th- GAC
- October 19th & 20th- University of Wisconsin River Falls
- November 23rd & 24th- University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- February 15th - Regionals at University of Minnesota Twin Cities
Equestrian teams and other university sports programs often benefit from having cameras at their events filming and taking pictures. Not only does it help support and promote your club, but participants can use the footage to help improve their form and technique. If you have some of your club's videos on old video formats, look into online services that specialize in 8mm film transfer to digital formats.
Western and equestrian riders often have the opportunity to perform in large shows, sometimes travelling around the country. These large Western shows are run by large corporations and often have a need for executive positions. If you think you have what it takes to be a CEO or CFO of a large Western performing company, make sure to have your executive resume filled with relevant experience and a solid background.