Celebrate Homecoming 2012, September 23–30
Top Ten Things to Do During Homecoming Week
- Listen to a rousing rendition of the Blugold Fight Song performed by UW-Eau Claire's Singing Statesmen. Sing along if you like—the lyrics are provided! www.uwec.edu/alumni/spirit/fightsong.htm
- Buy a Homecoming Button to show your spirit and get discounts on the week’s events. Button can be purchased in Davies Center and at Homecoming events.
- Vote for Homecoming King and Queen. Voting is conducted online. Round One voting takes place Sept. 25 at 9 am through Sept. 26 at 3 pm. Round Two voting occurs Sept. 27 at 9 am until Sept. 28 at 3 pm.
- Yell your lungs out at Yell-Like-Hell, a Homecoming tradition that began in the 1960s when organizations had elaborate strategies, choreography, and cheers. The court is introduced at the rally. Sept. 26 at 7 pm in Zorn Arena.
- Swing to the sounds of the Blugold Jazz Band at the Big Band Extravaganza. Click here for a preview. Sept. 28 at 12 noon and Sept. 29 at 7:30 pm. Both concerts are in Gantner Concert Hall.
- Grab a ticket to Varsity Night Live!—the hottest show in town. It’s the Blugold version of America’s Got Talent. The Homecoming King and Queen will be announced at this event. Sept. 28 at 7 pm in the Zorn Arena.
- March in the parade (be sure to bring candy to throw). Sept. 29 at 10 am on First Avenue.
- Join friends and classmates at the Blugold Fever Fest. Sept. 29th at 11 am in Carson Park.
- Watch the Blugolds burn the UW-Stout Blue Devils. Half time entertainment by the Blugold Marching Band. Sept. 29 at 1 pm in Carson Park
- Celebrate a Blugold victory at the Fifth Quarter, a postgame party for all Blugold backers. Enjoy great snacks and beverages. Sept. 29 at 4 pm in Carson Park.
A complete schedule of activities for Homecoming week can be found here. Information for clubs interested in participating in group activities can be found here.
News around Schneider