COB Looking for Bloggers to Share Their Experiences
Is the writer in you looking for an opportunity to share your story? The College of Business is looking for three to four UW-Eau Claire business students interested in sharing their experiences at UW-Eau Claire through a blog. Bloggers must be business majors.
Why a blog? Why not! Blogs are a fun and interesting way to give current and prospective business student a slice of life on the UW-Eau Claire campus. Blogs will be posted on the undergraduate page of the COB website. Bloggers will be identified by first name only.
How much time will it take? That depends on you. We ask that bloggers post at least one entry per week. And, they must make a one semester commitment to the project. At the end of the semester, they will receive a Eau Claire Area Chamber of Commerce gift certificate for $100. Certificates can be redeemed at over 400 participating Chamber member businesses.
What could I write about? Here are some ideas:
- Learning the ropes—the life of a new freshmen or transfer student.
- Maintaining a full calendar—balancing school with work, student organizations, athletics, etc.
- Off to work—the life of an intern.
- Traveling abroad—life in another country
- Saying goodbye—the diary of a graduating senior
How about the technical stuff ? We are here to help you get your blog up and running. We will also provide technical assistance throughout the semester if you need it.
Interested? Here’s how to get involved:
- Write a couple of short paragraphs telling us about yourself. Include why you want to be a COB blogger and briefly explain what your topic will be. Be sure to include your name, major, year in school and email address.
- Email your audition pargraphs to Gretchen Hutterli, COB Assistant Dean. Submission deadline: Friday, September 14 2007
- Bloggers will be contact by email the week of September 17.
Questions? Email Gretchen Hutterli, UW-Eau Claire Assistant Dean.