CHAASE to Host "The Impact of Health Care Reform on Senior Care" Discussion Forum
Thursday, October 22, 2009
UW–Eau Claire Davies Center, Tamarack Room
Health care reform is on the minds of many people and groups across the country, and is a hot topic that is making major headlines. Senior citizens are one of the greatest users of health services in our nation, and the proposed changes to the delivery of health care has a tremendous impact on these deserving elders.
This forum will provide a brief overview of current legislative proposals, encourage an open discussion about the pros and cons of the current federal initiatives, and explore what the future might hold for senior citizens and other stakeholders in the U.S. health care system.
Followed by a question and answer session with the panelists.
No registration required.
• Robert Burke, Chair of Department of Health Administration of Health Service Management and Leadership, School of Public Health and Health Services, George Washington University
• Clifton Porter, VP of Governmental Affairs, HCR Manor Care
• Lisa Lamkins, Advocacy Director, Wisconsin AARP
• Jennifer Johs-Artisensi, Associate Director of CHAASE, UW-Eau Claire
• The Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence
• Western Wisconsin Regional Geriatric Education Center
• UW–Eau Claire Economics Department
• UW–Eau Claire College of Nursing
• American College of Health Care Administrators, Student Chapter
For more information contact Meredith Wolf at email@example.com or 715.836.3543.