From left to right: Craig Ubbelohde, CEO, Oshkosh Lutheran Homes; Rebecca Brunz, HCAD Distinguished Student; and Dean Diane Hoadley, UW-Eau Claire College of Business
CHAASE Presents Scholarships, Distinguished Service Awards at Annual Meeting
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Health Care Administration (HCAD) program and the Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence (CHAASE) announced 2012 scholarship and distinguished service award recipients at the annual spring banquet held April 19, 2012 at the Plaza Hotel in Eau Claire, Wis.
Nearly 350 participants attended the annual event which recognizes students, preceptors, alumni and friends of the UW-Eau Claire HCAD program and CHAASE, a partnership of academia, services organizations and professional associations that supports the UW-Eau Claire HCAD program and the health and aging services profession.
Over $10,000 in scholarships were presented to UW-Eau Claire HCAD students. See box below for scholarship recipients.
The Heyde Health Care Entrepreneurial award recognizes the most entrepreneurial student leadership projects by active practicum students. Melissa Sweitzer (St. Paul, MN) received the 2012 award for a project focused on enhancing resident's sleep patterns. Kat Kilbane (Esko, MN) and Ashley Kornhoff (Franklin, WI) received honorable mention recognition for their projects focused on a wellness center and employee empowerment program respectively.
The Distinguished Student award was presented to Rebecca Brunz (Madison Lake, MN). Brunz will start the UW-Eau Claire HCAD program's required 50 week practicum in June 2012 at Presbyterian Homes in Arden Hills, MN.
Randy Snyder, executive director of the Minnesota Board of Examiners for Long Term Care Administrators and a member of the CHAASE Board of Advisors, received the distinguished service award. Scott Frank, administrator and principal of the Oak Park Place in Madison, WI and a 1985 alumnus of the UW-Eau Claire HCAD program, received the Distinguished Alumni award. Chris Krebsbach, executive director at Golden Living Lake Ridge in Roseville, MN was the recipient of the Distinguished Preceptor award.
To learn more about CHAASE and the UW-Eau Claire Health Care Administration program, visit the CHAASE website at www.uwec.edu/COB/chaase.
2011-2012 Health Care Administration Scholarship Recipients
- Jim and Patty Blum Volunteer scholarship: Hannah Marie Johnson, Westby, WI
- Gene Decker scholarship: Heather Kjelstad, New Hope, MN
- Extendicare Foundation scholarship: Kendal Krouse, Cadott, WI and Mollie Steingraber, New London, WI
- Golden Living scholarship: Donna Blume, Marathon, WI and Amanda Roggenbauer, Burnett, WI
- Good Samaritan scholarship: Carlos Guereca, Delavan, WI
- HCR ManorCare scholarship: Rebecca Brunz, Madison Lake, MN
- Kindred Healthcare scholarship: Liza Holle, Pewaukee, WI
- LeadingAge Wisconsin scholarship: Kristen Pingel, Clintonville, WI
- M3 Insurance scholarship: Emily Feiner, Cross Plains, WI
- Thomas and Michael Schanke Family Civic Engagement scholarship: Mariah Brown, Woodbury, MN
- Tri-County Medical Alliance scholarship: Caitlin Kempfert, Appleton, WI.
- Wisconsin Assisted Living Association scholarship: Mark Van Den Broeke, Hudson, WI
- Wisconsin Healthcare Association scholarship: Katelyn Morrison, Crivitz, WI