Admissions Office seeks two full time Admissions Counselors
POSITION: The Admissions Office is seeking to fill two full time Admissions Counselor positions.
RESPONSIBILITIES: As a member of the Admissions Office staff, these individuals will play a very important role in recruitment and outreach initiatives at UW-Eau Claire. The selected candidates will develop, manage and analyze campus visit programs and recruitment projects. They will develop and implement recruitment initiatives, which may include managing the telecounseling program, scholarship awards, the online and print newsletter, special recruitment groups (i.e. students who are high ability, local, etc.) and conducting on-going daily correspondence. They may also assist with publication and website development and online recruitment initiatives. These individuals will conduct presentations with prospective students and their parents during campus visits. They will represent UW-Eau Claire at high school visits, educational fairs, college/career days/nights, and other outreach events throughout Wisconsin and Minnesota. These individuals will inform prospective students, parents, and high school counseling staff of the admission requirements and procedures, and educational opportunities available at UW-Eau Claire. The selected candidates will perform other duties as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director of Admissions.
- Bachelor’s degree required from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with high school and/or college students in a college/university setting is required.
- The ability to travel independently and extensively in Wisconsin and Minnesota and some areas of the upper Midwest is required.
- The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills. She/he must demonstrate successful event planning experience and the ability to create and implement effective marketing initiatives to recruit students. The individual must be willing to handle long and often irregular work hours. She/he must demonstrate a passion for recruiting students to higher education. The ideal candidate will possess an aptitude to work creatively, demonstrate comfort utilizing technology, and work well within a team and independently. Additionally she/he must demonstrate strong organizational skills and a proven ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Prior recruitment experience will be considered an asset.
- Experience in web maintenance/development will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with UW-Eau Claire and/or University of Wisconsin System will be considered an asset.
Ability to bring diverse perspectives to campus will be considered an asset.
EMPLOYMENT DATE: One position will start July 1, 2010 and one position will start August 1, 2010 (start dates negotiable).
- Letter of application should specifically address qualifications and strategies to implement student recruitment initiatives.
- Letter of application should also include the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three people willing to provide current references. The University reserves the right to contact additional references of its own choosing, with appropriate notice given to applicant.
Submit Application Materials to:
Chair, Admissions Counselor Screening Committee
Admissions Office, Schofield 112
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004
Application Deadline: For priority consideration, completed applications must be received by May 7, 2010. However, screening may continue until position is filled. Applicants’ names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing. Names of all finalists must be released upon request. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit our website.
UNIVERSITY & EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire campus community consists of 10,500 students and 700 faculty and administrative/professional staff. As the UW System's only Center of Excellence for faculty and undergraduate research, faculty and students regularly work side-by-side on original research.
Often described as Wisconsin's most beautiful campus, UW-Eau Claire's campus spans the banks of the Chippewa River in the heart of Eau Claire, western Wisconsin's largest city. Eau Claire and the surrounding countryside have many scenic rivers, lakes, parks, bike trails and wooded areas where students and community members enjoy seasonal sports, camping and a variety of other recreational activities.
A community of 60,000, Eau Claire is a safe, friendly, and affordable community with employment opportunities for family members and outstanding schools for children. Eau Claire is just 90 miles from Minneapolis-St. Paul which offers world class theater, symphony and chamber orchestras, opera, and restaurants as well as sports, shopping, and cultural diversity.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer dedicated to enhancing diversity.