Various honor societies, including Beta Alpha Psi, a national honor society for accounting and financial professionals (pictured), celebrated Honors Week by initiating new members.
From left to right: New initiates Kayla Buhr, a senior accounting major; Michael Peterson, a senior accounting major; Summer Hill, a senior accounting and information systems double major.
College of Business Honor Societies Initiate New Members
Two student honor societies based in the College of Business initiated new members on Saturday, April 25 as part of the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire's Honors Week.
Beta Gamma Sigma, an honor society open to business majors who have attained high academic achievement, initiated 10 new members. Prospective students must be in the upper 7 percent of the junior class, or upper 10 percent of the senior class. Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest honor bestowed upon business students at institutions accredited by AACSB International.
2009 Beta Gamma Sigma Initiates
- Nikole Barcz, a senior health care administration student from Madison, WI
- Nick Goeman, a senior accounting and operations/ materials management double major from Chippewa Falls, WI
- Brittany Graber, a junior business finance major from Turtle Lake, WI
- Emily Kurth, a senior management major from Eau Claire, WI
- Carrie Meyer, a junior HR management major from Augusta, WI
- Jessica Niesing, a senior HR management major from Oostburg, WI
- Danika Reed, a senior marketing analytics major from Moose Lake, MN
- Kathryn Sjoberg, a senior health care administration major from Shoreview, MN
- Scott Steege, a junior business finance major from Rochester, MN
- Maria Turon, a senior accounting major from Russia
Beta Alpha Psi an honors society open to accounting and finance majors initiated three new members. Eligible accounting and finance students meet the following criteria including: having a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all upper level accounting classes;
Completion of Accounting 301, Intermediate Accounting I; a minimum GPA of 3.0 OR GPA above 3.25 in the last 25 credits of coursework;
and be in the top 35% of their class.
2009 Beta Alpha Psi Initiates
- Kayla Buhr, a senior accounting major from Glenwood City, Wis.
- Michael Peterson, a senior accounting major from Eau Claire, Wis.
- Summer Hill, a senior double major in accounting and information systems, systems development from Seymour, Wis.
University Honors Week recognizes all students who are part of campus honor societies, as well as their outstanding contributions in scholarship and service to these organizations.
News around Schneider