The College of Business Scholarship Committee has approximately $25,000 in scholarships to award to UW-Eau Claire College of Business students for the 2011-12 academic year. Scholarships are available through the UW-Eau Claire Foundation.
The College of Business Scholarship Committee will accept applications for the following scholarships starting Wednesday, March 2, 2011:
Applications will be available for download on the COB homepage on March 2. Paper applications will also be available in the rack outside the College of Business Academic Affairs Office in Schneider 117A.
Applications will be reviewed by the COB Scholarship Committee during April. Scholarship recipients will be announced prior to the end of the spring semester. Questions, contact Gretchen Hutterli, Chair, COB Scholarship Committee by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (715) 836-5930.
Tips For Completing Your Scholarship Application
• Make sure you are eligible for the scholarship. Scholarship criteria, such as GPA, major, and number of credits, are determined by the donor and can be found on each scholarship. Because it is the Scholarship Committee's job to honor the donor's request, we screen out every application that does not meet the criteria.
• Have a FAFSA on file if the scholarship requires it. A number of COB scholarships require the applicant to demonstrate financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The UW-Eau Claire Financial Aid Office recommends that students complete and submit their FAFSA application as soon as possible after January 1. The FAFSA application must be renewed for each school year. Detailed information can be found on the UW-Eau Claire Financial Aid Office website at www.uwec.edu/finaid/apply/timetable.htm.
• Customize your application material for each scholarship. If the scholarship is to be awarded to a student who demonstrates special talents, skills, or abilities, make sure your resume and other application materials highlights these abilities.
• Proof-read your application. Check your application for typos, grammatical mistakes, incomplete sentences and other errors.
• Make sure your application is complete. Application information required for a scholarship varies from scholarship to scholarship. Check the scholarship's Application Procedures, to ensure that your application packet is complete. Applications missing information will not be reviewed.
• Meet the application deadline. Scholarships will not be accepted after the application deadline.
• Just ask us. If something isn't clear or you have a question, please ask us. Gretchen Hutterli, Assistant Dean, or Chris Gessner, Program Associate, are happy to answer your questions.