May 11, 2009
Eleven Students Awarded COB Scholarships
The College of Business Scholarship Committee met Tuesday, May 5, 2009 to award 11 scholarships. After reviewing 254 applications (a 33% increase from 2008-09), the committee awarded scholarships to the following students for the 2009-10 academic year:
- Helen B. Andersen – Melissa Boerst, a business administration major from Shawano, WI; $1,500.
- Jennifer Alexander – Rebekah Streit, a health care administration major from Stanley, WI; $300.
- Philip Breitman – Teresa Higgins, a marketing major from Jordan, MN; $6,202.
- Richard T. Gannon – James Hollman, a finance major and math-actuarial science minor from Weston, WI; $500.
- Jacob Leinenkugel Sophomore Diversity – Pia Lor, a marketing major from Wausau, WI; $700.
- Jacob Leinenkugel Junior/Senior Diversity – Harun Kofiro, an accounting major from Chippewa Falls, WI, $700.
- Robert D. MacDonald – Brady Zwiefelhofer, a management-entrepreneur and marketing-professional sales double major from Bloomer, WI; $700.
- Brad Olson – Christopher Sipe, a marketing and finance double major from Egan, MN; $700.
- Ronald Schlattman International Study Abroad award – Rachel Radtke, an accounting major from Eau Claire, WI; $500.
- Wells Fargo Diversity – Nicholas Kuqali, a business economics major and environmental sciences minor from Pittsburgh, PA; $2,000.
- Xcel Energy Diversity – Carrie Meyer, a management-HR major from Augusta, WI; $2,000.
Scholarship recipients and donors will be recognized at the College of Business Scholarship Luncheon, Friday, December 4, 2009 from 12:00 – 1:30 pm in the Davies Center Tamarack Room.
Members of the COB scholarship committee are Jan Connolly (Business Communication), La Nette Flunker (Management and Marketing), Don Gaber (IS), Gretchen Hutterli, (COB, and chair) and Ling Liu (Accounting and Finance). Assisting the committee is Chris Gessner (COB).