February 4, 2005
A Note of Thanks
Welcome to the new College of Business website. We are very excited to unveil our new look.
As we say in our FLASH opening, a team can do things individuals alone cannot. This is especially true for this project, which was a year and a half in the making.
Why did it take us so long? Working on the site wasn’t our sole activity the past couple of years so we had to steal time away from other projects to work on this one. And, the site is large with over 220 pages. Content and navigation needed to be determined, photos had to be taken, quotes needed to be gotten, copy needed to written, links needed to be tested – the list goes on, and on.
Many thanks to our team of talented people who helped make this site possible:
- First Net Impressions web developers -- Beth Larson, Don Ross and Maria Herbert, key members of our creative team
- College of Business Dean -- Tom Dock, a true believer in this project
- Business faculty and academic staff -- our content experts: Marilyn Bergmann, Bob Erffmeyer, Dawna Drum, Tom Hilton, Jack Hoggatt, Ray Hughes, Dale Johnson, Scott Lester, Bob Sutton, Mike Wilson, Tim Vaughan and Rama Yelkur
- COB program assistants -- our proof-readers, now and in the future: Pam Blanchette, Chris Gessner, Glenda Hoggatt , Nancy Jackson, Carla Kurz, Yvonne Mc Carty, Gail Nelson, Connie Stafford and Jan Stewart
- COB students -- our shining stars, who allowed us to feature them on our site: Adam, Adria, Ann, Anne, David, Evgeny, Greta, Jered, Joy, Katie, Krista, Kristin, Lee, Manish, Marla, Mario, Marty, Mike, Mike, Stacy and Suzanne.
There are other people outside our web team and the COB who we would like to recognize:
- UW-Eau Claire Photographer Rick Mickelson for taking the many wonderful photos you see on our site
- UW-Eau Claire webmaster Lillian Hillis for serving as our sounding board
- UW-Eau Claire Executive Director for University Communications Mike Rindo for giving us the green light on our design
- Graphic designer Mindy Merryfield for always offering encouragement
Our final thanks goes to you, our users. Thank you for living with the old site these past couple of years. And, thank you for being patient as we transition from the old site to the new one. Please let us know what you think,
as you were always on our minds as we designed and
developed the site.
We hope we hit the mark.
Gretchen Hutterli, Assistant Dean Kou Thao, COB graphic designer