To apply, you must be a currently enrolled, degree-seeking, undergraduate UW-Eau Claire student. You need to be in good academic standing and have a cumulative GPA of 2.75. You must maintain enrollment and continue to meet the academic standing and GPA requirements the semester prior to departure. You may apply as a freshman but must have at least sophomore standing by the time the program begins.
COURSE AVAILABLE AT MURDOCH
UW-Eau Claire students may take classes in any of the following schools: Science/Engineering, Business/Information Technology/Law, or Social Sciences/Humanities/Education.
Murdoch course information is available on-line at http://print.handbook.murdoch.edu.au/units/ To get an idea of what classes are offered which semester:
- Choose "Murdoch" for Availability
- Then click "Search." This will pull a list of all courses offered at Murdoch. To find courses offered the term you will be there, see below:
- For courses offered in spring: look for courses that are available S1 internal.
- For courses offered in fall: look for courses that are available S2 internal.
- * Please note that you CANNOT take external courses.
You may take 3 or 4 classes at Murdoch; the cost of 12 Murdoch credit points is included in the cost of the program.
Due to the different calendar that Australia uses, the sequencing of courses may be opposite of what UWEC offers.
LEARN HOW MURDOCH COURSES COME BACK TO UW-EAU CLAIRE
Many courses you can take at Murdoch University have already been evaluated for UW-Eau Claire credit. To find courses that have been evaluated for Murdoch, you will go to the Transfer Wizard site here: https://my.uwec.edu/psp/PUBLIC/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/EAU_SS_CUSTOM.EAU_TRNCRDWZ.GBL
- You will choose Australia, enter "Murdoch", then click "Search".
- Click “Murdoch Univ”.
- Click "Search".
The first 300 courses, in alphabetical order by the Murdoch University “School Subject”, will appear. However, more than 300 courses have been evaluated for Murdoch. To see the rest of the courses, you must know the specific Murdoch course abbreviation.
- For a list of Murdoch abbreviations that do not appear in the first 300 courses, click here: Murdoch Subject Abbreviations.pdf
- Then, click "Change Course Search Criteria" at the top of the list of Murdoch courses you originally searched, and enter the Murdoch subject abbreviation in the "Subject and Course Number" box.
- If a course does not appear on the list of 300, or when you do the "Subject and Course Number: search , it has not yet been evaluated for UWEC credit.
Please keep in mind that this is a historical record of past course equivalences. There is no guarantee that the same courses will be offered in the future, or that they will be offered during the term in which you are abroad.
This program fulfills the complete Foreign Culture requirement upon successful completion. Please email Degree Review at email@example.com after completion of the program to update your degree audit. (Students earning a B.A., B.F.A. or B.M degree in the College of Arts & Sciences cannot use study abroad to fulfill their foreign language/foreign culture requirement. See the university catalog for details.)
You may study at Murdoch for either semester or the full Australian academic year. The first semester (our Spring) starts in late February and ends in June. The second semester (our Fall) begins in mid July and ends in mid November. Summer vacation takes place December-February. Exact dates will be available the semester prior to departure.
updated 5/23/16 jmk