To apply you must be a currently-enrolled, degree-seeking undergraduate UW-Eau Claire student. You must be in good academic standing and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0. You must also meet any prerequisite requirements for your specific classes. No knowledge of the Swedish language is required. Most classes, require at least junior status by the beginning of the program. Business students should have at least 15 credits of business courses completed by the start of the program to enhance their curriculum choices.
All exchange students are required to be full-time students (enrolled in at least 30 Swedish credits) during their stay at Linnaeus University. If you wish to take business classes, you will need to have completed 15-30 U.S. business credits by the beginning of the exchange. Linnaeus does not recognize Econ 103, Econ 104 or and BCOM classes in the minimum requirement.
You have two enrollment options:
Option 1: You can choose one course worth 30 Swedish credits. By choosing a 30-credit course, you are automatically enrolled in the individual 7.5-15 credit classes that make up the course. You will find the descriptions for the individual classes that make up the course by clicking on the "Syllabus" link in the course description. You must meet the prerequisites for the course.
Option 2: You can choose to enroll in four separate 7.5 credit classes, or two-15 credit courses, or one-15 credit course in combination with two-7.5 courses. You must meet the prerequisites for each individual class.
How to find courses on the Linnaeus website:
1. Go to the Linnaeus course listing for exchange students at: https://lnu.se/en/education/exchange-studies/courses-and-programmes-for-exchange-students/#l=en
The course list that appears includes all courses offered to exchange students, regardless of semester, year or campus. In order to find the courses that you can select for your intended semester, use the 'filter' function.
1. Under "Level" select "Bachelors Level", which means undergraduate courses.
2. Under "Semester" click the appropriate semester you are going to be abroad (note: only current year courses are listed; you can use them as a guide and there is no guarantee they will be offered the term you want to study
3. Under "Teaching Language" select "English"
4. Under "City" select either Vaxjo or Kalmar (business students, Kalmar offers more lower level courses than Vaxjo)
5. Under "Study Pace" that can be all of them
6. Under "Teaching Form" select "campus"
7. It is recommended that you DON'T select a topic area, as they may classify their courses differently than UWEC
8. The list will then appear in no apparent ordering. To get more information about a specific course, click on the course name. Please pay attention to the pre-requisites as Linneaus is firm with those.
UW-EAU CLAIRE COURSE EQUIVALENCIES for LINNAEUS UNIVERSITY COURSES
Some of the classes you can take at Linnaeus have already been evaluated for UW-Eau Claire credit. To find classes that have been evaluated, you will go to the Transfer Wizard site here: https://my.uwec.edu/psp/PUBLIC/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/EAU_SS_CUSTOM.EAU_TRNCRDWZ.GBL
- Choose Sweden, then click “Search”
- Click on the Linnaeus University link that appears
- Click “Search”
All Linnaeus courses that have been evaluated for UWEC credit will appear. They are not in any particular order: you will need to scroll through the list and match the Linnaeus School Course Title on the Transfer Wizard with those listed on the Linnaeus website for courses for exchange students.
If a course does not appear on the list, it has not yet been evaluated for UWEC credit.
Please keep in mind that this is a historical record of past course equivalences. There is no guarantee that the same courses will be offered in the future, or that they will be offered during the term in which you are abroad.
All business students should note that it can be very difficult to enroll into units in which you do not meet the pre-requisites. Students with around 15 credits of business courses should plan to attend the Kalmar campus, as that campus offers lower level courses. Any student wishing to take business courses at the Vaxjo campus, should have closer to 30 business credits before the start of the program. All applicants are strongly encouraged to meet with both their academic advisor and with the study abroad coordinator, Jenna (email@example.com) to discuss business courses at Linnaeus University.
GENERAL EDUCATION/LIBERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
For students in catalog years through 2015-2016, this program fulfills the Foreign Culture requirement upon successful program completion. The requirement is not automatically applied: please email Degree Review at firstname.lastname@example.org after completion of the program to update your degree audit. (Students earning a B.A., B.F.A. or B.M degree in the College of Arts & Sciences cannot use study abroad to fulfill their foreign language/foreign culture requirement. See the university catalog for details.)
For students in catalog years 2016 and later, this program can fulfill an integrated learning (I1) requirement upon completion of the integrated learning assignments. Email email@example.com for details.
The program runs for a semester or a full academic year. The fall semester begins the last week of August and ends in the middle of January. The spring semester begins the last week of January and concludes around the beginning of June. Exact dates are available the semester prior to departure.