Welcome to CETL!
Have a question about teaching? Come to CETL and we will save you time and energy!
Spring 2017 Opportunities
- Midterm Student Evaluations
- February 27 - March 17
- February 27 - March 17
- Successful Teaching Practices: Instructor Case Studies
- March 1, 8, 29 and April 5, 12, 19, 26 in CETL (OL1142)
- CETL Certificate Program: For Educators with 4 or less years at UWEC
- February 13, 20, and 27, March 13, and April 10 and 17 at 11:00am in CETL (OL1142)
- The Slow Professor: Challenging the Culture of Speed in the Academy
- March 2 and 30, April 20 and 27 at 3:00pm in CETL (OL1142)
- Inclusive Pedagogy: Articles from the Michigan State University Inclusive Teaching Web
- Every other Friday beginning on February 3rd at 3:00pm in CETL (OL1142)
- Liberal Education Opportunities
- Assessment Drop-in Sessions
- What is Good Assessment?: Brown Bag Sessions
Conference and Travel Support for 2017 OPID Spring Conference
CETL is offering Conference and Travel Grant to Faculty and Instructional Academic Staff who want to attend the Annual UW-System Teaching and Learning Conference at the Radisson Conference Center in La Crosse, WI, on April 20-21, 2017. The UW-System CETL, called OPID or Office of Professional and Instructional Development sponsors a conference for UW System faculty to present their Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) research as either a workshop or a poster presentation. The goals for the conference include promoting interdisciplinary research, establishing connections between faculty from various campuses, and to hear from your system colleagues about their research. Check out more details about the conference here.
CETL will pay for the conference registration, 1 night of lodging, and round trip mileage for this conference. Request funds here.
- Conference dates: April 20 - 21, 2017
- Conference registration: by April 11, 2017
- Hotel reservations: Radisson Conference Center by March 20, 2017
- Priority date for travel support request: March 3, 2017
Once selected you will receive an email confirmation including procedures for you to make your travel arrangements.
Contact CETL with questions.
2017 UW System Faculty College is coming up soon!
UW-Richland: Richland Center, WI
May 30- June 2, 2017
Faculty College is UW System's premier faculty and instructional development event. Faculty College hosts approximately 100 faculty and instructional academic staff from across the UW System for three days of intensive exploration of teaching, learning, and curricular issues.
This is a great opportunity for:
- New faculty who wish to develop their pedagogy.
- Faculty who wish to develop their knowledge and skills in assessing student learning.
- Faculty who are interested in developing a Scholarship of Teaching and Learning project.
- Experienced faculty who seek to renew their vitality and learn new teaching approaches
To apply: Submit a statement of 300 words or less on why you would like to attend this program and how you could apply this experience to your own professional development in your role on campus. Please also indicate if you have attended Faculty College in the past.
Please submit your statement to CETL via email by Thursday, March 10, 2017.Up to four participants will be selected.
The cost of lodging, the program, meals and transportation are covered for selected participants.
An agenda and more information for the 2017 Faculty College event will be found at this link when it becomes available: https://www.wisconsin.edu/opid/faculty-college/ or you can review prior Faculty College events to get a feel for a typical event.
Angie Stombaugh, Director of CETL