Stella Amundson Meixner Kobilka (1895–1986) graduated with the first class of Eau Claire Normal School in 1917. She pursued a distiguished career in education in Chicago and Saint Paul, Minnesota. Her 1965 gift to the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire in memory of her first husband, George W. Meixner, led to the commission of Daedalus, a metal relief sculpture by James T. LaMalfa that is mounted on the brick façade of Phillips Science Hall.
Stella Kobilka's treasured collection of antique cups and saucers is displayed in the Heritage Room, Davies Center 122A. Comprising 38 sets of cups and saucers, one antique Chinese teapot and a Limoges vase, the collection was a gift to the university in 1965.