Staff :: Information Design Services
Information Design Program Manager
A senior university relations specialist, Juelie Sires manages the development of public information and promotion for the University Centers and its varied programs, services, facilities and operations. Responsibilities include information planning, content development and visual design for print and electronic media, informational copywriting, and printing and advertising management. A 1975 graduate of UW-Eau Claire, she joined the University Centers staff in January 1979.
Graphic Designer + Photographer
Information Design Services manages all public information and promotion for the University Centers. The area is engaged with these high-impact programs and services:
- Facilities including the new Davies Center, and non-academic use of facilities campuswide through the Event Services office. Promote sustainability and responsible use of resources.
- Cultural programs that link the campus and community, including The Forum (lecture series established 1942), the International Film Society (film program established 1956), Artists Series (performing arts series established 1966), The Cabin (coffeehouse program established 1968) and the annual Viennese Ball (established 1974). These programs are identified with UW-Eau Claire on a regional and national level, and help us understand diverse people and cultures, and the world around us.
- Involvement activities through student organizations, particularly the University Activities Commission of the Student Senate, and the services and programs of the Student Organizations and Leadership Center that is home to more than 250 student organizations and the student government.
- Recognition and leadership programs including the University Student Excellence Awards.
- Services integral to campus life, including the official UW-Eau Claire ID card, meal plan and undergraduate textbook rental program.
These services are provided in-house to all University Centers areas, as well as the University Activities Commission of the Student Senate:
- Write all press releases for distribution through the University News Bureau.
- Write and maintain all information for the complex network of University Centers websites (Activities, Involvement and Leadership, Blugold Card Services, University Bookstore, Blugold Dining, Event Services, Printing Services, Service Center, University Centers).
- Write and edit copy for major campus publications (i.e., University Catalogue, Orientation).
- Design and produce high-quality print, electronic and online materials that clearly communicate with the unit’s various audiences.
- Maintain the University Centers’ and UW-Eau Claire’s visual image and graphic standards.
- Maintain the Davies Center digital signage system, comprising meeting room schedule displays, the media wall, and widescreen displays that promote events by student organizations, academic departments and administrative offices.
- Support special events by external clients who contract Davies Center facilities through Event Services.
- Create original photography for programs, services and facilities for print and electronic publications and the University Centers network of websites
- Create bid and printing specifications for all publications printed off campus
- Prepare files for printing; work with off-campus print buyer and printers
- Schedule and place all paid advertising (newpaper, magazine, etc.) and process payment
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT AND INTERNSHIPS
- For many years, Information Design Services has provided educational employment opportunities and academic internships (up to six credits) to students preparing for careers in visual communication and graphic design.
PRESS RELEASES ON DESIGN AWARDS
- Sara Brunner and Amanda Obenhoffer, 2010 ACUI regional competition
- Sara Brunner and Amanda Matzke, 2010 Association of College Unions International competition
- Sara Brunner (Best in Show) and Amanda Matzke, 2009 ACUI regional competition
- Sarah Hicks and Maria Nocenti, 2009 Association of College Unions International competition
- Sarah Hicks and Maria Nocenti, 2008 ACUI regional competition
- Maria Nocenti, 2008 Association of College Unions International competition
- Maria Nocenti, 2007 ACUI regional competition
- Kristine Norberg (Best in Show), 2007 Association of College Unions International competition
- Kristine Norberg, 2006 ACUI regional competition
- Brigitte de Chantal and Kristine Norberg, 2006 Association of College Unions International competition
- Gretchen Dillenbeck, Paula Lucas and Josh Olk, 2004 ACUI regional competition
- Paula Lucas and Derek Wallen, 2004 Association of College Unions International competition
- Paula Lucas and Derek Wallen, 2003 ACUI regional competition
- Derek Wallen, 2003 University & College Designers Association competition
- Sarah Karow and Derek Wallen, 2003 Association of College Unions International competition
- Sarah Karow, Paula Lucas and Derek Wallen, 2002 ACUI regional competition
- Norman Orstad, 2002 University & College Designers Association competition
- Norman Orstad (Best in Show) and Jennifer Walde, 2002 Association of College Unions International competition
- Sarah Karow, Norman Orstad, Jennifer Walde and Derek Wallen, 2001 ACUI regional competition