HR Management for Non-HR Managers
This seminar is an elective in the Supervisory Management Certificate Program
6 days of core classes + 6 days of electives = Your Certificate.
It's convenient and customizable!
May 4-5, 2017 | Eau Claire
Holiday Inn South
4751 Owen Ayres Court, Eau Claire, WI 54701
Non-HR Managers | Culture | Effective Communication
Even organizations with large, experienced human resources functions must rely on managers and supervisors to partner in effective employee recruitment, relations and management. The challenges are many and the landscape is ever-changing with new laws, regulations and best practices emerging regularly. This concentrated, two-day course is designed for supervisors and managers who do not have direct human resource experience but who interact regularly with employees and play a critical role in ensuring productivity and engagement.
In this workshop, attendees will learn 8 How-To's of Effective HR Practices:
- How to write and conduct effective employee performance evaluations
- How to navigate-and resolve-conflict between employees
- How to administer an effective and compliant employee handbook
- How to avoid legal risk and liability for both you and for your organization
- How to ensure compliance with wage and hour regulations, including the use of interns
- How to prepare, conduct and document employee discipline and termination
- How to prevent and address harassment in the workplace
- How to conduct a workplace investigation
Attendees will benefit not only from the expert instruction and insights of a former HR manager, but the opportunity to interact with and share best practices and challenges with other attendees. Boost your confidence in the effective management of employee relations through professional insights and group interaction.
Our presenters are skilled facilitators who consistently receive high ratings from attendees. They lead fast-paced sessions - a combination of lecture, individual and group activity.
Rick Schemm has over 30 years of experience in the field of Human Resources. He is currently the Human Resource Manager for Alliance Bank in Mondovi. Rick worked for 23 years at Royal Credit Union and managed both the HR and the Training Departments there. Rick holds a Master’s Degree in Management and Organizational Psychology from the UW-Milwaukee, a Bachelor’s Degree in Management from the UW-Eau Claire, and a Senior Professional in Human Resources certification from the Human Resource Certification Institute.