Start. Manage. Grow Your Business.
Whether you want help starting, managing or growing a business, the UW-Eau Claire Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is your business resource. Since 1979, our experienced business professionals and university faculty have taught seminars, answered questions, and counseled managers and business owners in all types of business settings.
The UW-Eau Claire Small Business Development Center Provides
- Idea evaluation, start-up guidance, expansion assistance, and exit strategy advice for business owners and entrepreneurs in Barron, Chippewa, Dunn, Eau Claire, Pepin, Rusk and Taylor counties.
- Business management seminars and certificate programs.
- Access to statewide SBDC resources and specialty centers:
- Business plan writing and finance preparation assistance.
Confidential Business Counseling
Our counselors will help you solve specific business problems or capitalize on business opportunities. Counseling is funded by the Small Business Administration and is free of charge.
Eau Claire Center Profile
The SBDC is staffed by:
- Luke Kempen, SBDC Interim Director
- David Kochendorfer, SBDC Consultant
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance of the program. For more information or special accommodations, contact Luke Kempen 715-836-5811 or 800-582-5182, use the Wisconsin Relay System (711) or e-mail email@example.com.
The Small Business Development Center and University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Continuing Education are partners in education with University of Wisconsin-Extension and the U.S. Small Business Administration. The UW-Eau Claire Small Business Development Center is part of a statewide network of SBDC locations www.wisconsinsbdc.org. The SBDC is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.