What is an Internship?
Internships are a great way to "test-drive" career possibilities. By participating in an internship, you gain hands-on experience and enhance your knowledge of a career field.
- Typically are one-time work or service experiences related to a student's major or career goal
- Generally involve a student working in a professional setting under the supervision and monitoring of practicing professionals
- Are structured educational experiences which incorporate productive work experience as a regular part of a college student's curriculum
During an internship, you will:
- Learn more about a specific industry / field
- Test career choices
- Gain real world work experience and develop professional competence
- Learn and improve specific skills such as communication, problem solving, teamwork, new computer applications, interpersonal skills, networking and presentation skills as well as product, company, and career knowledge
- Witness classroom theories and principles being applied in real world situations
- Increase your marketability