Find an internship
The National Association of Colleges and Employers surveys employers every year about jobs and internships. In the 2012 survey, almost 75% of the employers indicated they prefer candidates with relevant work experience. More than half of the respondents prefer that it comes from an internship.
An internship gives you the experience employers want and can help you decide if your current career choice is a good one for you.
Wondering what kind of internship you can get?
Visit the Explore Majors page to find out what others have done and links to professional associations
How can I get started?
- Meet with a career counselor in Career Services
- Use Blugold CareerLink where 1,000's of internships are posted every year.
- Talk to your academic advisor or department's Internship Coordinator
- Build and use your network
- Attend Career Fairs
Other experiential learning opportunities
Undergraduate research programs
- UW-Eau Claire's Faculty-Student Research
- National Science Foundation's Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU).