Beta Alpha Psi
Requirements for Membership
Can I Join?
To be eligble to join the Zeta Omicron Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi, you must meet the
- A student at UW-Eau Claire majoring in Accounting.
- Have completed Accounting 301 (Intermediate Accounting I).
- GPA above 3.0 OR a GPA above 3.25 over the past 25 credits.
- GPA above 3.0 in all upper level Accounting courses.
- Be in the top 35% of your class.
I meet those requirements, what's next?
If you meet the above requirements, you are eligible to join the National Accounting
Fraternity. The next step is to pledge the fraternity. To become a member a pledge must
perform the following tasks.
- Attend the pledge meeting.
- Follow all hour requirements of a Beta Alpha Psi Member
- Participate in other Beta Alpha Psi activities including socials, company tours, regular
meetings, and dinners.
- Pay a one time fee of $85.
- Attend the Beta Alpha Psi initiation ceremony.
So what does membership do for me?
There are many benefits for joining Beta Alpha Psi. Just a few are listed below.
- Resume building - Beta Alpha Psi is recognized by any accounting recruiters
- Professional networking - The Zeta Omicron chapter gives members outstanding
opportunities to meet recruiters from public accounting and industry.
- Educational networking - Students and faculty participate in many Beta Alpha Psi events
allowing you to meet more accounting students and see your professors on a social level.
- Fun and rewarding activities - The Zeta Omicron chapter provides members with many
different fun, educational, and community service activities.
I have a couple of questions. Who should I talk to?
If you have questions about the organization, your eligibility for membership, or just
want to know more, please contact any Beta Alpha Psi officer.
University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire