Alpha Phi Omega - PLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Requirements as an individual member:
- Get initiated as a pledge- attend your initiation ceremony, and take it seriously.
- Participate in 15 hours of service activities- there are an abundant amount of activities to choose from that are planned by our service coordinator, choose the ones that fit into your schedule.
- Participate in 5 hours of fellowship activities- fellowship activities are fun hang out events planned by our fellowship coordinator, it’s never hard to spend time with your brothers!
- Fill in your pledge book- get to know active members of APO and your fellow pledges by interviewing your brothers. Fellowship events, and coming early to meetings are a good time to get this done. There are prizes at the end of the semester for completing all of your interviews.
- Attend one executive board meeting- it’s important to get to know the leaders in APO and how the organization runs.
- Attend all pledge meetings- you are required to come on time to weekly pledge meetings on Tuesdays at 7 and stay for the full-chapter meeting at 7:30. Special situations with class conflicts are taken into account, but must be pre-approved by vice president of pledge education.
- Learn about APO you will be given a test during your last meeting based on what we have learned during pledge meetings. This will not be hard or tricky, but you do have to know the material. There will be a jeopardy game to study!
- Be involved in some aspect of leadership development- this could be holding a pledge class position, going to a leadership event on campus, holding a position in another campus organization, going to sectionals, regionals, or nationals, being part of a committee, tutoring someone in a class, organizing an APO event, etc. Be creative!
- Pay your dues- there is a $35 pledging fee and $35 membership fee. Both of these must be paid to the treasurer by the end of semester.
- Spend time with your APO family- make an effort to spend some time with your big brother and your family.
- Wear your pin- wear your pin proudly on your right side at any official APO function and meetings.
- Get activated as an active brother- attend your activation ceremony to be welcomed as an active brother into Alpha Phi Omega Eta Lambda Chapter.
Requirements as a pledge class:
- Elect pledge leadership positions- pledge fellowship chair, and pledge service chair
- Plan and participate in a pledge lead service event
- Plan and participate in a pledge lead fellowship event or pledge led fundraising event