Haymarket Landing, a part of the Confluence project in downtown Eau Claire, houses more than 400 Blugold students. The project is one of numerous downtown developments that are part of a revitalization that has led to widespread media coverage about the area.
Media shine spotlight on Eau Claire, university
Regional news media from Milwaukee, Madison and Minneapolis recently highlighted Eau Claire — and UW-Eau Claire — in stories that feature all our home city has to offer. Learn more.
UW-Eau Claire news roundup
Wisconsin Historical Society honors Blugolds
UW-Eau Claire signs agreements for NTC, WITC social work transfers
Studying tourism geography in Scotland
UW-Eau Claire SBDC celebrates client's success in state contest
Want more UW-Eau Claire news?
For more of what's new at UW-Eau Claire, check our Blugold Briefing page anytime: www.uwec.edu/news
- Summer Cinema. Free outdoor activities and movies on the lawn west of the UW-Eau Claire Haas Fine Arts Center, 8 p.m. Wednesdays through July 26. More information.
- NYC Young Alumni Gathering. Join Chancellor Jim Schmidt for refreshments. June 23, 7 p.m. Kettle of Fish, 59 Christopher St., New York, NY. More information.
- Link Walker Golf Outing and Alumni Social. Football alumni social July 21, golf outing July 22 at Mill Run Golf Course, Eau Claire. More information.
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs. July 28, pre-game gathering: 5 p.m.; first pitch: 7:10 p.m. Registration deadline: June 30 — or until sold out. Register online and view more information.
- SAVE THE DATE: Chalkfest 2017. July 29, UW-Eau Claire campus mall, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. More information.
- SAVE THE DATE: Center Ice Club Golf Outing. Join Blugold men's ice hockey for this annual event. Aug. 19, Wild Ridge Golf Course. More information.
- SAVE THE DATE: Golden Blugolds Celebration, Sept. 29, and Homecoming 2017, Sept. 30.
See more Alumni Association events and universitywide events.
Alumni success stories
Read some of the latest stories featuring accomplishments by UW-Eau Claire alumni:
James Butman '80, a UW-Eau Claire business finance graduate, has been named president and CEO of TDS Telecom. Full story.
Jessica Cabeen '99, a UW-Eau Claire music graduate, has been named Minnesota's 2017 National Distinguished Principal by the Minnesota Elementary School Principals' Association. Full story.
Peter Eckerline '82, a UW-Eau Claire business administration graduate, was named Minnesota’s top financial advisor by Barron’s magazine and was recognized by the Financial Times in its Top 400 Financial Advisors list. Full story.
John Flynn '85, a UW-Eau Claire economics and political science graduate, has joined Birko as vice president of sales. Full story.
Kevin Fritz '99, a UW-Eau Claire master of science in nursing graduate, has joined the pain medicine team at the Essentia Health St. Joseph's-Brainerd Clinic in Brainerd, Minnesota. Full story.
Tim Johnson '03, a UW-Eau Claire biology graduate, has been named director of the Smith College Botanic Garden. Full story.
Drew Kaiser '10, a UW-Eau Claire art graduate, and his wife, Ellen Sorenson '13, a geography graduate, are beekeepers and owners of Kaiserson, a honeybee and honey business. Full story.
Pamela Matson '75, a UW-Eau Claire biology graduate, received an honorary doctor of science degree from Princeton University earlier this month. Full story.
Sona Mehring '83, a UW-Eau Claire computer science graduate, will retire from CaringBridge, a site that helps families communicate during health crises, at the end of June. Mehring founded CaringBridge in 1997. Full story.
Jean Svacina '79, a UW-Eau Claire French graduate, has been appointed vice president of academic affairs at Howard Community College. Full story.
Show how much you know about UW-Eau Claire — AND win great Blugold prizes! Email your answer to this month's question to the Blugold Trivia mailbox (email@example.com). Those sending correct responses to this month's question will be entered into a drawing for a UW-Eau Claire tote bag. The name of this month's Blugold Trivia winner will be published in the July issue of eView.
June Blugold Trivia question:
What is the title of the UW-Eau Claire centennial history book for which UW-Eau Claire history faculty members Robert Gough and James Oberly recently received the Book of Merit Award from the Wisconsin Historical Society?
Know the answer? Email it, along with your name and class year, to firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll be notified by email if you are this month's winner!
Congratulations to Melissa Arnott '05, a UW-Eau Claire business finance graduate and winner of the May Blugold Trivia prize. Melissa's name was drawn from among those who correctly answered that 21 women, including UW-Eau Claire Alumni Association President's Award recipient Mary Laschinger '85, are CEOs of current Fortune 500 companies.