UW-Eau Claire Foundation campaign raises $73.4 million
You made it possible: Thanks to generous alumni and friends, the impact of the UW-Eau Claire Foundation’s recently completed Power of Possible Centennial Campaign will be felt by every UW-Eau Claire student and throughout the Chippewa Valley for years to come. Full story.
UW-Eau Claire news roundup
UW-Eau Claire named top in U.S. in undergraduate research
- Learn more about this prestigious award as well as the tradition and impact of undergraduate research at UW-Eau Claire.
Campus readies for Garfield Avenue redevelopment, Towers Hall renovation
Always more to learn: Upcoming Continuing Education programs
Recognitions honor UW-Eau Claire for support of student veterans
- Find out how UW-Eau Claire ensures student veterans an outstanding college experience.
Blugold earns national honor for outstanding leadership in science
Want more UW-Eau Claire news?
For more of what's new at UW-Eau Claire, check our Blugold Briefing page anytime: www.uwec.edu/news
Calling all alumni: Connect at Experience U
Blugold alumni are invited to Experience U, where you can connect with other UW-Eau Claire grads and share
your life-after-college experiences with current students. It's an opportunity to help prepare the next Blugold generation for success! Join us from 5-8:30 p.m. April 27 in the Dakota Ballroom of Davies Center. Learn more and RSVP.
Spring events on campus you DON'T want to miss
So you missed Homecoming last fall and you wish you'd made it back for the Blugold fun. No worries! Spring is a great time to come back too! Mark your calendar and start planning a visit to UW-Eau Claire for one or all of these amazing Blugold signature events:
• Viennese Ball, April 7 and 8: Enjoy this decades-long tradition on campus, a formal evening of music, dance, dining and romance. Learn more and get your tickets (they go fast!).
• Eau Claire Jazz Festival, April 21 and 22: The UW-Eau Claire campus and surrounding community will be humming (and snapping and clapping and singing and dancing) with the sounds of jazz during the 51st Eau Claire Jazz Festival, presented by Eau Claire Jazz Inc. in partnership with UW-Eau Claire. Learn more.
• The Blugold Mile at the Eau Claire Marathon, May 7: The Eau Claire Marathon is becoming increasingly popular among running enthusiasts in the Midwest and beyond. A big part of the attraction? The Blugold Mile, featured recently by Minneapolis Running, which runs through the UW-Eau Claire campus. Plan now to be a part of the excitement of the Blugold Mile!
Get your copy! Blugold book of the century
In honor of UW-Eau Claire's centennial year, Dr. Robert Gough, professor emeritus of history, and Dr. James Oberly, professor of history and American Indian studies, teamed up to create "Building Excellence: University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 1916-2016." Read the story behind the project. "Building Excellence" can be purchased online.
More upcoming events
- Trombonist Michael Davis with Jazz Ensemble I. Feb. 21, 7 p.m., Crooners Lounge and Supper Club, Minneapolis. More information.
- Campus Films. "Easy A." Feb. 24-26, 2 and 7 p.m., Woodland Theater, Davies Center. More information.
- Wisconsin Day Picnic. March 9, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Sun Bowl, Sun City, Arizona, More information.
- Blugold Wrestling + Social. NCAA DIII Wrestling Championships. March 10, La Crosse Center. More information.
- Let's Do Lunch. "Alzheimer's Disease: A Growing Concern for Communities." March 29, noon-1 p.m., Eau Claire Golf & Country Club, Altoona. More information.
- Blugold Final Four Fest. April 1, 4-11 p.m., Dakota Ballroom, Davies Center. View details and purchase tickets.
- See more Alumni Association events and universitywide events.
Alumni success stories
Read some of the latest stories featuring accomplishments by UW-Eau Claire alumni:
Eric Gustafson ’88, a UW-Eau Claire health care administration graduate, has joined LindenGrove Communities as the regional director of community living. Full story.
Kelly Hoff ’90, a UW-Eau Claire management graduate and founder of Prairie Farm-bashed Hoff Financial Services, has opened a new branch in Barron. Full story.
Gary Johnson '81, a UW-Eau Claire journalism graduate, was named editor of the Eau Claire Leader-Telegram in March 2016. Full story.
David Kapszukiewicz ’71, a UW-Eau Claire art education graduate, recently had his works featured in Merrill’s Artisan Showcase. Full story.
Rebecca Kelly '79, a UW-Eau Claire journalism graduate, has been recognized by PR News as one of the "Top Women in PR." Full story.
Erik La Seure '99, a UW-Eau Claire marketing graduate, has been named compensation and benefits manager for Cardno, a professional infrastructure and environmental services company. Full story.
Andy Schroeder '87, a UW-Eau Claire social studies education graduate, recently received the Wisconsin Council for Exceptional Children's Clarissa Hug Teacher of the Year Award. Full story.
Heather Spray '15, a UW-Eau Claire history and Spanish graduate, was named "Millennial of the Week" by Millennial Community in early February. Full story.
Show how much you know about UW-Eau Claire — AND win great Blugold prizes! Email your answer to this month's question to the Blugold Trivia mailbox (email@example.com). Those sending correct responses to this month's question will be entered into a drawing for a UW-Eau Claire travel mug. The name of this month's Blugold Trivia winner will be published in the March issue of eView.
February Blugold Trivia question:
Who will be the keynote speakers at UW-Eau Claire's Experience U event on April 27?
Know the answer? Email it, along with your name and class year, to firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll be notified by email if you are this month's winner!
Congratulations to Joel Everts '95, a UW-Eau Claire journalism graduate and winner of the January Blugold Trivia prize. Joel's name was drawn from among those who correctly answered that 18 elected members serve on the UW-Eau Claire Alumni Association board of directors.