Site Feedback

Garfield Avenue project affects travel on lower campus.

The project is expected to be completed in fall 2018, and the footbridge will be closed from late May to late August in both 2017 and 2018.

More information


Your academic path through the Teacher Education Program will include earning your formal teaching licensure from the state of Wisconsin. This will be done through a subject-specific education teacher performance assessment (edTPA) during your student teaching experience. The classes you take for your special education major, minor and teaching method courses will prepare you to perform with confidence during your assessment. Before the process begins, it may seem complicated and a bit scary, but trust us, you will sail through will flying colors after all the incredible preparation you will complete.

Completing the edTPA

The edTPA is a state-required performance assessment completed during your final student teaching experience. Through various forms of resources available at UWEC, you will be supported in preparing and completing the edTPA.

Explore edTPA

Add your special education license

Because there is such a shortage of special educators in Wisconsin, districts are often required to hire on emergency basis. The post-bac licensure program allows teachers holding one of those emergency licenses to obtain their special education license while continuing to teach.

For the upcoming academic year, changes are being made to add-on licensure program, so please contact the department at the information below for the current options and requirements.

Contact Us
Name is required.
An email address is required.

Thanks for your interest in UW-Eau Claire. Let's get started!

Select a student category below for admission guidelines, important deadlines and instructions.

NOTE: To complete your application to UW-Eau Claire you will be taken off of this website to access the UW System online admission application.

If you want to apply for employment, please click here.