The project is expected to be completed in fall 2018, and the footbridge will be closed from late May to late August in both 2017 and 2018.More information
ECLIPSE works as tribes (teams) of students from UW-Eau Claire who are AmeriCorps members. Members serve (or work), in preschool classrooms at partner sites for 10 –11 hours per week. Members pair with preschool children in the classroom who need additional support or help in the areas of language, literacy, social, and or numeracy skills. Participation in regular classroom activities, with support from corps members will increase opportunities for preschool children to be supported in their growth and development by caring adults. Each ECLIPSE AmeriCorps member works with two partner children during the course of the academic year.
Additional service is also an opportunity to become more familiar with Eau Claire and the needs in the community. ECLIPSE members may serve at The Community Table each week, by reading to children who are there for a meal, as a way to increase literacy opportunities to those in need. Members also participate in one or two national days of service and recruit other volunteers to work alongside completing service projects throughout the Eau Claire area. These hours count towards the AmeriCorps commitment.
The hours are broken down as follows:
• Classroom Service=10 - 11 hours – according to schedule
• 2 hour a week tribe meetings= 1-2 hours – time set by team – may change at semester
Other commitment service time for members:
• Service (20-30 hours) gathered throughout the year and three required events, Dr. Seuss' Birthday Party, Global Youth Service Day, and Literacy Festival.
• There are four Saturdays during the year that are required (2 training, 2 service).
• Members work on teams of approximately 10 students, at one of five sites in the Eau Claire area.
• There is a one credit class each semester, the fall is training at the beginning and one or two other meetings, the spring semester is a regular weekly class.
• Donna Lehmkuhl
• UW-Eau Claire, Centennial Hall 3202
• Phone: 715-836-6011
• Email: email@example.com
Thanks for your interest in UW-Eau Claire. Let's get started!
Select a student category below for admission guidelines, important deadlines and instructions.
NOTE: To complete your application to UW-Eau Claire you will be taken off of this website to access the UW System online admission application.
If you want to apply for employment, please click here.