Let your voice be heard
Do you like speaking to large audiences, researching topics you're passionate about, and creating a legacy that will forever be remembered? Then joining our forensics team could be the perfect choice. With over 15 national titles, 32 state championships, and an amazing alumni support system, our program is one of the best in the nation. You'll be a part of a co-curricular activity, gain various skills, and build lifelong friendships. Our members come from various backgrounds ranging from communication and journalism to theatre to computer science. No matter what your academic discipline is, we have a place for you on the forensics team.
While many of our members have a forensics background, we encourage any student interested to join, even if you’ve never competed at a forensics tournament before. We will coach, provide support, and help you reach your personal best while you’re on the team. So what do you have to say? We’re ready to hear you.
Alex Brown | actuarial science majorComing into college, I knew I wanted to be an actuarial science major. At the same time, I had fallen in love with public speaking while on my high school’s speech team. When I actually got here, I decided, why not try both? By being a part of the UWEC Forensics team, you develop skills, and experience that will set you apart from any other applicant out there in a math or science field. I can honestly say that forensics has changed my life, and I owe my current job and career path to being a part of the forensics family.
- National Forensics Association National Championship Tournament 4/13/2017 All day event - Davies Center
- National Forensics Association National Championship Tournament 4/14/2017 All day event - Davies Center
- National Forensics Association National Championship Tournament 4/15/2017 All day event - Davies Center
- National Forensics Association National Championship Tournament 4/16/2017 All day event - Davies Center
- National Forensics Association National Championship Tournament 4/17/2017 All day event - Davies Center
What we do
Topics we cover each year in our speeches vary. Through these topics our members get the chance to hone their research, writing, and speaking skills all while forming arguments on issues that are significant to theirviewpoints or experiences. We have many different options for events and topics. Check out the events we participate in and find one that will be the right fit for you. See what some of our members have performed, as well as what some alumni have suggested.
- Challenge the audience to consider LGBTQ rights beyond same-sex marriage laws
- The lack of women of color going into STEM fields
- Poetry program focused on the "#SayHerName" movement
- A persuasive speech on airlines mistreating the disabled
- An informative speech on OOHO edible water bottles
- An informative speech on the end of bananas
- An informative speech on New Star possibly showing signs of alien life
- An After-Dinner speech discussing progressive privilege
Whatever you're passionate about, we encourage you to find what you want to say and say it! The topics are limitless and whether you choose to be silly or serious, your voice will be heard.
Taylor Turben | communication sciences and disorders, forensics vice presidentForensics has been a crucial component of my education and growth here at UWEC. Each speech that I hear teaches me more about equity and advocacy. Constructing my own speeches has taught me more about researching, writing and communication than I thought was possible in an activity.
Thanks for your interest in UW-Eau Claire. Let's get started!
Select a student category below for admission guidelines, important deadlines and instructions.
NOTE: To complete your application to UW-Eau Claire you will be taken off of this website to access the UW System online admission application.
If you want to apply for employment, please click here.