Center for Writing Excellence Writing Contest
Centennial or 100
All submissions must be received by midnight on Friday, February 10th, 2017.
Winners will be selected by a panel of faculty judges and announced at an open read in the Cabin.
Prizes will be provided by the campus bookstore. The Grand prize includes publication in the Spring 2017 edition of NOTA, the UWEC student literary magazine. In addition to a grand prize, second place, and third place winner, randomly selected entrants will receive a participation prize.
- The contest is open to all UWEC students, faculty, staff, and Eau Claire community members.
- We accept prose, both fiction pieces and non-fiction essays, and poetry. Submissions must have a title, be saved as a PDF, and uploaded through the qualtrics link below.
- Submissions must have a title, be saved as a PDF, and uploaded through our Qualtrics survey. (The survey will open in January 2017! We'll provide a link on this page when the contest opens.)
- Submissions must not exceed 1,500 words.
- All prose submissions must be double spaced, in Times New Roman, and in 12 point font.
- Poetry can be single spaced.
- Multiple submissions will be judged together.
The winners for the 2016 contest were:
- 1st place/Grand Prize winner: "My Name" by Yia Lor
- 2nd place: "Speaking to Garcia Lorca" by Yvette Viets Flaten
- 3rd place: "Who Was Gordy?" by Joe Morin