Writing is a process. We can help you with all aspects of this process. Here is a list of areas we can assist you with:
- Generating and Exploring Ideas: freewriting, brainstorming, clustering, outlining, reading, talking, and working collaboratively
- Exploring a Topic: limiting a topic, establishing purpose, considering audience, doing research, formulating a preliminary thesis, choosing an appropriate form, and developing a plan of organization
- Drafting: developing ideas, arranging ideas in logical/strategic order, refining the thesis, developing relevant and adequate support, inserting transitions, developing a consistent tone and point of view, and creating voice
- Revising Content: anticipating readers' needs and responses, testing and clarifying the thesis, generating more or different information, and deciding to include or exclude material
- Revising Organization and Coherence: reordering content, paragraphing, reviewing and strengthening transitions
- Revising Style: combining and decombining sentences to tighten and clarify ideas, and eliminating wordiness and redundancy
Don't wait! Make an appointment today to start receiving help with ALL aspects of the writing process.